HARX 900 Modding
Nov 5, 2008 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Alai

500+ Head-Fier
I am pretty much a newborn in the world of audiophiles. So I was wondering if any of the veterans knew of any mods to make the HARX900 more comfortable. The cushions FEEL alright, but the overall headband pressure is a bit distracting. I only don't notice if I am intensely playing a game of DotA. Is there some extra cushion or pads to mod in for these? If so, how do we do the modding (what's the process or procedure)?

Nov 5, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 7
Not sure what you're referring to. If you mean the clamping, just bend it. I just did this to my 700's.
If you need cushioning, you can stuff a few cotton balls under the cup of the pad.

Nov 5, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #3 of 7
Ohhh hahaha. I didn't realize there was space between the pad and the drivers. I thought there was some special way you guys open up the pads and stuff them.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Ok, I'm going to bump this because I need to ask... Is there some other material I can squeeze in that is long and continuous so that it's not lumpy and clumped in the pad? And where would we go to get it? A long bit of rubber or cloth from some kinda OSH or Do-It Center?

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 7
Yeah, plastic tubing. The tubing they use for scuba diving works good.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, plastic tubing. The tubing they use for scuba diving works good.

Ohhh. Where do we get that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back