Harold Morishita
Sep 27, 2005 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Harold Mori****a on Friday. He was the North American distributor of Stax. Harold was a good man and a good man to deal with. I will miss him.

Todd

Sep 27, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
It is with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Harold Mori****a on Friday. He was the North American distributor of Stax. Harold was a good man and a good man to deal with. I will miss him.

Todd

*Raises his Lambda Pros in salute* Farewell, Mr. Mori****a. Thank you for bringing so many great experiences to our shores!

Sep 27, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm very sorry to hear this as well. I've known Harold since 1981 and visited and had tea with him at his home in Toronto several times. I have photos of Harold, his lovely wife ( also deceased ), and my ex-wife I took while attending a social function at a CES many years ago. He was a soft-spoken gentleman.

Sep 28, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Very sad. I spoke to him a few times last year to get my O2s fixed and he was always helpful if not apologetic for the situation that happened with my O2s.

Nov 1, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 6
Harold was overall a great guy! I will always have good memories of Harold and his wife Ruby!

Feb 20, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #6 of 6
When you go through life, you meet a few people who are indelible memories.

I only met Mr. Mori****a a couple of times in the course of having my amplifier repaired. We met in a small restaurant where we exchanged 30 minutes of conversation. But you could tell even from that short amount of time he was a very kind and gentle man.

Sorry to learn of his passing. Wish I had gotten to Toronto one more time to see him.
Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back