HAROLD & KUMAR Go To White Castle
Jul 29, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #48 of 62
I really want to see this movie... it's coming out on my birthday! And it's extra cool that it was filmed in Toronto
icon10.gif

Jul 29, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #49 of 62
hmm, looks like there is a undground surge for this movie. i guess i better toss in an official White Castle Burger Tatoo for whoever takes my friend's ipod in the sales forum - my sister went to the premiere in NY. she says it's by the same guys who did "Dude, Where's My Car?" why am i not surprised?

Jul 30, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #51 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedhobbit
I really want to see it, if for no other reason than it was written by alum of the school I go to (University of Chicago).

Howdy! Small world -- that's my school, too. The U of C has a surprisingly good track record when it comes films and theater (Mike Nichols, Kim Peirce, Greg Kotis). Go Maroons!

Jul 31, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #54 of 62
omg i loved this movie!!!

I AM Harold haha....but i guess a ton of other asian guys feel that way too.

*SPOILER*

The early scene where harold is parallel parking his corolla (twice) is HILARIOUS....i laughed so hard because it is exactly what i do...and my friends laughed because i drove to the theatre and to stall park i pull in and out twice haha....

*SPOILER END*

May 9, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #55 of 62
So I finally made it to a White Castle in Flushing, Queens a few weeks ago. The burgers were tasty and hit the spot-- much better than the microwave-able abominations you find in grocery stores.

When I looked at the receipt, what should it say at the bottom, but "Thank you, come again!"

May 9, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #56 of 62
I go to the one on Northern Boulevard. I think you have to be on something to really enjoy them though. BTW the absolute best fast food snack are Burger King Onion Rings or French Fries with a lot of ZESTY SAUCE!!!! God that stuff is soooo gooood.

May 9, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #57 of 62
Did a night drive from Illinois to Maryland not too long ago, started out from Illinois at 12am. What should I see somewhere in the middle of Indiana, but a White Castle.

I'm an eastern boy, so those things were foreign to me. So I drive up, order a half dozen, and drive off.

Needless to say the next six hours or so were more than a little painful on the gastric scale. And damned if they don't smell exactly the same going in as coming out.

blink.gif

May 9, 2005 at 9:45 AM Post #59 of 62
Personally I thought the movie was terrible, but then again Ive never had White Castle, as they dont have it here.

May 9, 2005 at 11:07 AM Post #60 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
Did a night drive from Illinois to Maryland not too long ago, started out from Illinois at 12am. What should I see somewhere in the middle of Indiana, but a White Castle.

I'm an eastern boy, so those things were foreign to me. So I drive up, order a half dozen, and drive off.

Needless to say the next six hours or so were more than a little painful on the gastric scale. And damned if they don't smell exactly the same going in as coming out.

blink.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Blasphemy!!! White Castle is the food of the gods!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back