Harman Kardon CL Review (Updated after burn Review)
Oct 12, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 46
That would be amazing. Also, considering the Harman Kardon is now available often at 75 dollars (I got it for €86 but that includes shipping to Switzerland) how do you think it stands in the value for money chart? Better than the m50x?

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 46
Deal of the Day (10/15/2014) at Amazon for $59.95. 
eek.gif
  SOLD!

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 46
Where can i get replacement ear pads for the CL? Seems theres no one selling it on amazon. And i have also checked their website and cannot find one. Help please

Hi justgotlucky123,

Please post back to let us know if Harman Kardon was able to assist with your request.  I'm sure others might be interested in knowing availability of replacement pads as well.  Thanks.

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #22 of 46
Hi justgotlucky123,

Please post back to let us know if Harman Kardon was able to assist with your request.  I'm sure others might be interested in knowing availability of replacement pads as well.  Thanks.

They already replied to my inquiry but i haven't emailed them back yet. This is what they replied:
------
Thank you for your email.

Please note that you are located in one of our distributor countries and to get the best answer for your question, we kindly ask you to contact them.

Their contact details can be found below.

Christine.Lee@harman.com
Harman ASIA

I hope this helps.
--------

Nov 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #23 of 46
  I upgraded it, Just do it. The cable is pretty thin and fragile.

I don't have any, I haven't try The Marshall's, but I'd say they will have quite a different sound signature. Try them both, that's the best way to make your chioce

Any word on which cable upgrades are recommended?

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #24 of 46
You guys think it is worth the current price on Amazon at about 75 bucks, 80 after tax and such.

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #25 of 46
Harman/Kardon CL have the worst sound/price ratio I've ever seen. The sound strongly reminds me the free earbuds that used to come with nokias and other phones ten years ago. Nowdays the free phone in-ears are much better than this chap-plastic... things. It was a big surprise to see not-fiercely-negative comments here...
They were simply horrible at every sound, ergonomics and physical aspect. But there's at least one thing that helps them to be still in the market - they look good on picture.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #26 of 46
Sorry to hear that you have such a passionate hatred for this pair of headphones, but you are totally wrong about everything you said about it. Except the fact that it looks good in picture, now that's a completely subjective opinion, I actually don't think it looks good in pictures.

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #27 of 46
Everything is subjective. I like my SR-007mk2s, my LCD-2s, my K701s, my HD-518s, I like my friend's ATH-m50s, ATH-A900Xs, the cheap grados and senns.  I like my Violectric HPA V200, my KGSS, my Fiio E17. And my Weiss DAC202U. But I don't like these HK CL.
It's totally subjective.

Feb 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #28 of 46
I bought these a while ago on the Gold Box deal and just got around to implementing a mod that I saw recommended on this forum. It involves inserting a circle of some sort of material (I used rolled paper) into the earpads to stop frequencies from being absorbed by the foam (I hope I explained that right).

It cost me nothing and actually had an impact. I wasn't expecting it to do anything at all, but I thought the sound became much sharper. And you didn't have to worry about adjusting them on your head for the right sound. I'm going to play around with making the barrier a little better, but I was impressed with it!

It takes 2 minutes and it's worth it. Of course I'd prefer to not have to do that, but for $50 I can't complain, and they're great for travel.

But to be honest, if I knew what I knew now about headphones and the sound I want out of them, I never would have bought these. But they've found a nice home in my to-go bag.

May 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #29 of 46
Will be trying these out in a few days, and am looking forward to some cable-rolling (w/Ted's UP-OCC silver and copper cables).
Best clearance deal for me were the Martin Logan Mikros 90: have been--and still are--my all-purpose, go-to cans.

May 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #30 of 46
Bought a 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adapter for the CL, and am currently listening with the Pipeline ET-4.
Bigger, cleaner, more detailed and balanced presentation overall with the Pipeline IMHO.
It's a great advantage to have a detachable cable with the harman kardons.  The lack of a detachable is the MT220's foil.
The bass weight and impact with the kick drum is pretty remarkable [Henri Mancini/RPO Pops/Denon: Mancini Rocks the Pops:  Track #2: "In the Air Tonight"].
The timpani strikes on Mancini's theme song to "Lifeforce" [Star Tracks II on TelArc] were palpable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back