Harman Kardon BT first impressions
Mar 31, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #46 of 83
Quote:
Hi, thanks for your review of these headphones. Your review and others here helped me decide to purchase the BTs, too, and I'm enjoying them. I am wondering if an inexpensive headphone amp would make them even better? I have an iphone 5 and was considering the fiio  e6 or even the e11. It sound like I would have to purchase the lightning-to-30-pin connector, as well. Do you think it's worth it? Or if you don't have any thoughts, I understand. Thanks again.

Not to be a smart ***** but the whole point of bluetooth is to avoid the cable and move the controls to the headphones.The saving grace is amps are built in the cups. matching amp to speakers can be a big step forward in the audio chain. For the money you pay for the HKs you could get much better headphones; sadly cable attached. I really liked the HK BT when i had them and even considered getting them again and probably will when they go on sale. The build quality and even the look (think baby stax) is very appealing.

May 2, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #49 of 83
Quote:
guys, do you think one can jog and work out in the gym with these? Do they stay on your head tightly?

Clamping force is a complaint about these it seems, and I see why.  I have a small head and feel the clamping force.  That said, it does stay tight on the head...  They're quite lightweight, but you'd look mighty awkward running with these on :p

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #51 of 83
Just got a pair. Best Buy has them for 129.00. They are great. A little sweaty but I have that problem with all over ear headphones. The BT works great for podcast or audiobooks. Used the cable with the VentureCraft go-dap 3.0 and they were fantastic.it really opened them up.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #52 of 83
Just got these at my local Best Buy for $69.99.  Can't really say that I'm impressed by them right now though.  The bass sounds really muddy and a bit uncontrolled.  Maybe it'll get better after some burn in.  Build quality seems to be pretty solid.

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #54 of 83
Yup, in store clearance.  They had the CL for $99.99 and the BT for $124.99.  They were mislabeled so I brought it to the attention to one of the employees.  I wasn't looking to buy one but he offered to sell it for the mislabeled price.  Couldn't pass it up
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #56 of 83
The BTs sound pretty good for a bluetooth set! Great for commuting and once in the office I hook em up to a Fiio E7 and they open up nicely. 

They are ugly as screw though, even after 6 months of owning these I still can't help notice some strange looks on the bus to work. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #58 of 83
Does any of you experience problems with dropping connection or buzzing when no sound is played and they're just sitting on your head (connected to a source, of course) in silence? I'm planning to buy a pair shortly but read some similar complaints regarding some other wireless cans and it'd be great to know beforehand if it happens here as well.

Aug 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #59 of 83
There is a hiss but no more than other BT phones.

There is feedback though headband when you're walking. I also have tiny dropouts when I touch or cover the left ear cup. Not really an issue since you don't normally cover it.

Comfortable on the whole and very liberating, being BT. AAC SQ ain't bad in my view, either. Cables does sound better. Also they are sensitive to ****ty recordings. Unbearable in my view on ****ty recording. I cannot take it - tend to skip them more and more now. A great buy... Excellent value.

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #60 of 83
I see, thank you. Is the hiss very audible? Does it occur only on higher volumes or throughout the bar? Does it occur on quieter parts of music or videos as well or only when there is no sound input whatsoever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back