Happy New Year! Welcome to 2008!
Dec 31, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 32
Will be doing dinner with the family, and spending time with them. Other than that might watch the Boston pops do the yearly 1812 overture thing on T.V. as well as some online gaming and headphone listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 32
Happy New Year HeadFi, now go and drink some good beers!!!

Dec 31, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hate to be a killjoy, but am i the only one that thinks new years is an overrated hyped up waste of time? i mean money is wasted on fireworks, people just get drunk.

for me the only good thing is its a public holiday, which means i get extra pay.

Actually, the latter is the only "bad" thing about it IMO... it is infact fun, but it's also rather frivolous and shouldn't be a true holiday IMO.

P.S. happy new year to everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #25 of 32
Dang, I'm on Alaska Standard Time so I think I'm probably going to be one of the last people on this forum to shout out the New Year. We've still got a whole 8 hours to go.

Jan 1, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hate to be a killjoy, but am i the only one that thinks new years is an overrated hyped up waste of time? i mean money is wasted on fireworks, people just get drunk.

someone enlighten me, i am not getting it!

I like it but don't like it. I think people do make too much out of it, partying like crazy, etc. Because it's supposed to be this fun, festive night surrounded by friends and family, it actually becomes very depressive and lonely for some people.

While I also understand the whole "it's a new year, make a resolution thing", if you have enough will power and determination you should be able to make resolutions any time of the year, and not use the new year to make an excuse to have a resolution.

I'm off to my parents in a few minutes to ring in the new year with my family. I won't be lonely but I am a little depressed right now for reasons I won't go into. Hopefully I won't drown my sorrows and overdo it with the booze.

At least I get to blow the Millennium Whistle at Midnight. It's this REALLY LOUD whistle I bought back in 1999 which is how it got it's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back