Happy Father's Day ,Dad's
Jun 16, 2002 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Happy Day, Dad's.I get one day a year when I have to do nothing,today is that day.My kid's and wife have some gifts for me so I'm gonna go enjoy them.

Jun 16, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 17
my oldest sons high school graduation was yesterday.
Is there a better fathers day present than that ?
Next weekend is the combination graduation and birthday party (18
biggrin.gif
).
Rented a hall with access to a lake for swimming (if the water temp ever warms up around here , this summer sucks so far
mad.gif
),
DJ AND a live band (DJ for loot ,the band free
biggrin.gif
) , food , dancing

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 17
my dad always just wants to have his family around him for a celebratory meal. so I gave up the HeadRoom Tour NY stop to spend it with him.

well worth it.

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 17
My wife and two sons surprised me with lunch at TGI Fridays and a gift card to Tower. I got to sit around and watch the US Open and work on some amps. Then we took my dad out for dinner. It was a very nice day.

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #9 of 17
my dad is a huge tennis fan and watches all the Grand Slam tournies every year, yet today he didnt watch tennis...odd...

he watched baseball and the world cup instead...lol....AND I DIDNT HAVE TO MOW THE LAWN TODAY BECAUSE OF RAIN MUAHAHAHAHA!!! but you all know i would do anything for my dad right???
rolleyes.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 17
my wife bought me some real nice Classic Records mono reissues.they sound nice.My kids bought me a nice ottoman for my chair.I got my dad a new circular saw.We are the only fathers in the family so the rest of the family took us both out to a very nice dinner.it was a great day.

Jun 17, 2002 at 5:57 PM Post #12 of 17
My wife got me a beautiful chair and ottoman and I watched the US Open all day Sunday. I had the Sony DVP-NS500V set up on the table next to my chair and listened to music most of the day through a Little/Senn 600s. The Open was just as good without the commentators babble.

Jun 17, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #13 of 17
I went to work at 5am Fathers Day Morning. It's now Monday morning and I just got home from work. I did get some good harrasment from my supervisor for fathers day though. I don't think she intended it to be special because of the day.
I am happy that my son called, too bad I wasn't home. He did send me a nice e-mail also. I took a gift to my dad on Saturday (he lives in a different town) knowing I wouldn't be home on Sunday.
Thanks for this thread Tuberoller
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #14 of 17
We had company all weekend and ran a couple DVDs through the new player my wife got me for DadsDay.

Sunday I didn't do much besides church and read the latest Road & Track. After naps I had two of my three in my lap for a afternoon video and then called my dad and let the Grandkids wish him Happy Fathers Day. Quiet and sleepy otherwise.

A pretty good day, come to think of it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #15 of 17
update-got some great cards , but there was one that not only was not prime time ready but..............

"honey , look inside"
"why , there some of my loot inside ?"
"DAMMIT JUST LOOK IN THE FRIGGIN CARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(I look around for backup , none to be had soooooooooo)

"OK baby , be cool , don't make me call the gendarmes on ya , will NOT be pretty when they take your ass away for spousal abuse"
rolleyes.gif

So , the rickman looks inside and spies what
confused.gif

FRIGGIN BOX SEATS AT THE STADIUM !!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

We likes this FD gift , yes we do

Rick out

Users who are viewing this thread