Happy Birthday, KeVlaR!!
Apr 25, 2002 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
I just had to wish a happy b-day to our Head-Fi buddy accross the "big pond". 28, huh? You're getting on up there dude....
wink.gif

Have a great day!

birthday.gif

Apr 26, 2002 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 13
I don't know why I am even goin' here , friggin PUPPY !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways man, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I hope you reach the ripe old age of forty (
rolleyes.gif
) someday , and the ride is hopefully as good as the one I had WAY BACK IN THE DAY before my ass got old
eek.gif

Which BTW I am not , profiles are not always accurate
cool.gif

All BS aside ,enjoy man , every year of life is a celebration of "I AM STILL HERE" and "DAMN GLAD TO BE" (wasn't fkn easy)
Nor are birthday celebrations

Apr 26, 2002 at 10:43 PM Post #8 of 13
Cheers guys....

I was surprised to see that you mentioned little old me
biggrin.gif

Yup. 28. Soon be the big 30 !!!!!!

I took a visit to the local emporium yesterday and treat myself to some new cables for the system. Partly as a b'day treat but mostly cos I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Anyway..... I can out with 2 x 5m QED Genesis Silver spiral speaker cables with airlock plugs. A pair of Nordost Red Dawn interconnects and a Chord Prodac Digital cable.

Cost me a whopping £550! ($800 usd) but boy was it worth it. my jaw is starting to ache with all the grinning over the last day. sounds fabulous and has made a big difference to my system.

Just recently got that Krell that I mentioned a while back.

So my system now comprises:
Krell MD10
Chord Prodac Digital cable
Krell Studio DAC
Nordost Red Dawn interconnects
Audiolab 8000q
Chord Chorus interconnects
2 x Tube Technology Genesis monoblock amps
2 x 5m QED Genesis spkr cables
ProAc Response 1SC speakers on Target R4 stands

For once in my life i'm a happy man. That's why i've not been around much in last week or two. I'm just enjoying the music.

Anyway.... I'll have beer on you guys tomorrow. Cheers

wink.gif

Apr 26, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 13
Cheers guys....

I was surprised to see that you mentioned me
biggrin.gif

Yup. 28. Soon be the big 30 !!!!!!

I took a visit to the local emporium yesterday and treat myself to some new cables for the system. Partly as a b'day treat but mostly cos I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Anyway..... I can out with 2 x 5m QED Genesis Silver spiral speaker cables with airlock plugs. A pair of Nordost Red Dawn interconnects and a Chord Prodac Digital cable.

Cost me a whopping £550! ($800 usd) but boy was it worth it. my jaw is starting to ache with all the grinning over the last day. sounds fabulous and has made a big difference to my system.

Just recently got that Krell that I mentioned a while back.

So my system now comprises:
Krell MD10
Chord Prodac Digital cable
Krell Studio DAC
Nordost Red Dawn interconnects
Audiolab 8000q
Chord Chorus interconnects
2 x Tube Technology Genesis monoblock amps
2 x 5m QED Genesis spkr cables
ProAc Response 1SC speakers on Target R4 stands

For once in my life i'm a happy man. That's why i've not been around much in last week or two. I'm just enjoying the music.

Anyway.... I'll have beer on you guys tomorrow. Cheers

wink.gif

Apr 27, 2002 at 10:44 AM Post #12 of 13
Not quite speaker-fi yet.....

I still love those intimate listening sessions with my headphones. With the upgrade on the cables it's free'd up a set of VanDenHul D103mk2 that have been pressed into service on the Stax Headphone driver unit so things are better all round.

I'm just enjoying the music at the moment. The system is just an means to an end.

Currently listening to Doris Day - Everybody Loves A Lover with Frank Devol and his orchestra. Absolutely enchanting stuff and so reminiscent of a bygone era.

Anyhoo... lunch is ready.
Catch you all later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back