Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Jul 2, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #4,308 of 4,588
I put it on top of my amp. The amp is not that hot so i guess its ok.
I might try something like a mini fan can cool my dac a little bit....
The Schiit dealer in my country offers a Schiit stand that's sized for the small components that provides some extra spacing in a stacked configuration. I don't have one myself, and I don't know where else it might be sold, but it might be worth looking into.

Jul 2, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #4,310 of 4,588
:frowning2: i understand this but mimby gets warm quite quickly and after 20-30 minutes its about 40-50 celsius so im worried this will harm the device in the future.
I bought a mini fan to cool it down, and now its about less than 30 celsius.
That's pretty darn hot, probably a good thing having the fan keeping it cooler.

Jul 2, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #4,311 of 4,588
Modi multibit is in "B stock" again so I had to pull the trigger. For $200 thats 20% off. They have the Bifrost (G1 - multi, usb5) for $400 but I already own that one. I can't wait. It will replace the Modi 2U feeding an Asgard 2.

Holy Modi Multibit Batman!!!

I’m an old guy, and I’ve had some impressive gear roll thru my 40 years of HIFI…. I’ve got my share of Schiit gear, Fulla OG, Fulla 2, Saga OG, Friya OG, Modi 2U, Modi 3, Bifrost OG (all upgrades to MB/G5 USB), Vali2, Asgard2, Heresy, and the Jotenheim; there is a Sys and a couple of Eitr’s too. And I've been using a Mark Levinson MB dac for 20+ years so yes I'm spoiled.

Today I received my B-Stock Modi Multi, and all I can say is holy crap! I let it run in for a few hours without really listening. It’s replacing a Modi 2U in the bedroom setup. The Asgard2 is a welcome bedwarmer during the Detroit winters where the wife insists the windows remain open, or she runs the A/C… I ran it with the Vali2 and the Heresy and hands down the Hersey wins! Rolled through the Senn HD600 OG (bought in Germany 20 years ago – LOL), Senn Momentum 2, Beyer 880 (250ohm), and the drop/hifiman-HE-4XX.

This the final chain…Surface Pro 3 (Tital) > Etir> Modi MB> Heresy> HE-4XX

OMG! Played Strunz & Fartah Live “Americas” and you just want to dance… of all the combo’s this one has the toe tapping get-up and dance pace and rhythm.

Cheers and stay safe.

Tonebags

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #4,313 of 4,588
Hi
Can i usb other usb optical converter like topping d10 for modi multibit ?
Etir is quite expensive in my place and i can get topping d10 for less than half price of etir.

Of course. You can use any optical source with the Modi Multibit, doesn’t have to be an Eitr.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #4,314 of 4,588
Not sure where to post this, but my modi multibit's coaxial input broke clean from the pcb. Rather than pay for repair I decided to DIY. I bought a neutrik rca jack and it fit beautifully into the chassis. The tricky part was figuring out which solder pad corresponded to signal and ground. The stock input has 3 solder pads, while standard mono rca has 2 pin. I figured one was just used to support the stock input jack to the pcb board. Once I figured out which was which, it was easy peasy. The new jack is very sturdy and doesn't wiggle like the stock jack. Schiit needs to make these jacks standard.
20200728_110523.jpg
20200728_111015.jpg

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #4,315 of 4,588
Not sure where to post this, but my modi multibit's coaxial input broke clean from the pcb. Rather than pay for repair I decided to DIY. I bought a neutrik rca jack and it fit beautifully into the chassis. The tricky part was figuring out which solder pad corresponded to signal and ground. The stock input has 3 solder pads, while standard mono rca has 2 pin. I figured one was just used to support the stock input jack to the pcb board. Once I figured out which was which, it was easy peasy. The new jack is very sturdy and doesn't wiggle like the stock jack. Schiit needs to make these jacks standard.

Looks like a solid upgrade to your DAC, jacks like that are clearly superior to stock, but would drive the price up, and many wouldn't care for that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back