Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #4,036 of 4,588
Thanks for the reply BK. I'll have to give it a shot with my mimby.

i’ve really enjoyed the mimby so far. Definitely a worthwhile purchase imo. Pairs great with my Thx789 amp and works well with all my headphones. Eitr is the icing on the cake and makes that setup the best all rounder I own.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #4,038 of 4,588
Anyone notice the prices on those sort of tanking? I thought 200 was the norm, what I paid for mine, but now people are asking as low as 160...msot are in the 170 or so range. Is there something I don't know?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #4,039 of 4,588
Anyone notice the prices on those sort of tanking? I thought 200 was the norm, what I paid for mine, but now people are asking as low ans 160...msot are in the 170 or so range. Is there something I don't know?

You can often get a b-stock unit from Schiit for $199 that comes with the full warranty. So used ones are going for less now.

Jan 30, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #4,047 of 4,588
modi 3 sounds better than modi multibit imo

In what ways do you perceive it being better? I just got a Modi Multibit a few days ago. I'd swap it out if theres significant improvement.
What I have noticed is that at least with the Mutibit is that the sound is better through the digital coax than the digital optical, which sounds rather dull in comparison. I don't use the USB port.

Perhaps the updated USB on the Modi 3 is making the difference in sound over the older Modi over usb? I'd be interested in a comparison between the Modi 3 and Modi Multibit through the coax input.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #4,048 of 4,588
In what ways do you perceive it being better? I just got a Modi Multibit a few days ago. I'd swap it out if theres significant improvement.
What I have noticed is that at least with the Mutibit is that the sound is better through the digital coax than the digital optical, which sounds rather dull in comparison. I don't use the USB port.

Perhaps the updated USB on the Modi 3 is making the difference in sound over the older Modi over usb? I'd be interested in a comparison between the Modi 3 and Modi Multibit through the coax input.

mimby is better than modi 3 when both are using eitr usb to spdif converter. modi 3 is better for the money when paired with eitr vs stock mimby, unless you are strictly useing spdif. Mimby plus eitr is my fav dac combo I own.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #4,049 of 4,588
Sooo what you're saying is that the Mimby sounds better than the Modi 3 when comparing spdif connections. But the spdif connection of the Modi 3 sounds better than the USB connection of the Mimby? BTW I'm not using a converter, I'm using a direct coax spdif connection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back