Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Apr 10, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #3,046 of 4,588
Hi,

I just bought a second hand modi multibit from a headfier, this is a 110v model and i need some 210v as i live in Europe.

I was wondering if this adapter would be ok ?

http://www.skross.com/en/product/134/country-adapter-world-to-europe-usb.html

It doesn't convert the voltage to 210v, but maybe the ac adapter from the modi is able to switch itself to 210v ?

Thanks folks.

I really look forward to hear that multibit schiit !

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #3,047 of 4,588
Hi,

I just bought a second hand modi multibit from a headfier, this is a 110v model and i need some 210v as i live in Europe.

It doesn't convert the voltage to 210v, but maybe the ac adapter from the modi is able to switch itself to 210v ?

Thanks folks.

I think all you need to do is to buy 220v wall wart and that's it. It's like $10 direct from schiit.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #3,049 of 4,588
I see, thanks !

I guess all I need is a wall wart that has the same plug as the modi, as i can buy one at my local store, correct ?

And other things like voltage - you can find it on the wall wart you have. Check with schiit Europe - they should have them in stock.

Apr 10, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,053 of 4,588
I finally pulled the trigger on this. The black one was too enticing. Even if I don't like it or don't need it later I know I can sell it easily!

I think after giving it a try you will like it then decide that you need it!

Apr 10, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #3,055 of 4,588
The wallwart is AC. Most AC adapters are DC. You really want the right one from Schiit. 

Nah, there are plenty of wall transformers (ac/ac adapters) out there, just pick one with the right connector, voltage and power rating, however if the price ends up about the same I don't see a reason not to buy one from Schiit.

Apr 11, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #3,059 of 4,588
Hi,

Thanks folks.

The plug adapter you linked will not work.  You either need a step down transformer to convert 210V to 110V or you need to get the appropriate power supply/wall wart from Schiit or one that puts out the exact same power as the Schiit one.  

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #3,060 of 4,588
My Audioengine D1 died.  I decided to take a step up the DAC driving my Audioengine A5+'s ...

Thanks for the positive vibes that pushed me this way folks! :)
pat----

How does it sound with the D5+'s? I'm looking into getting speakers and I'm considering the D5+ with a Modi Multibit. Another option I'm considering is LSR305's connected to Modi Multibit either via a SYS or a dbx goRack. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be interested in hearing them. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back