Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Mar 28, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2,930 of 4,588
Will Modi Multibit work connected to a NAS drive via USB?

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #2,932 of 4,588
No, the Modi doesn't read files via USB, it connects to a device as a USB audio device (Or via Coax/TOSLink)

Thanks for the reply. My current Cambridge Audio DAC is seen by the Synology app as a USB speaker.
The connections are Synology NAS drive to Cambridge DAC using USB. Wouldn't the Schiit be seen as USB speaker?

Apologies for my questions. I'm fairly new to this. :)

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #2,933 of 4,588
Thanks for the reply. My current Cambridge Audio DAC is seen by the Synology app as a USB speaker.
The connections are Synology NAS drive to Cambridge DAC using USB. Wouldn't the Schiit be seen as USB speaker?

Apologies for my questions. I'm fairly new to this.
smily_headphones1.gif

It sounds like your NAS specifically supports USB Audio, in which case it would probably work (but no guarantees)

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #2,934 of 4,588
It sounds like your NAS specifically supports USB Audio, in which case it would probably work (but no guarantees)

It certainly does right now. I guess I could try the Schiit, and return it if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated.

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #2,939 of 4,588
So, it's recommended to leave Mimby on 24/7 or don't? What's are yours thoughs/experience?

See my post with thoughts from a few pages back. It went unnoticed because at that time two people were actively discussing something else.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815368/happy-as-a-pig-in-schiit-introducing-modi-multibit/2865#post_13370676

Keeping it on doesn't make sense IMO (see that post for reasoning). I don't keep it on and don't notice a difference when it warms up.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #2,940 of 4,588
See my post with thoughts from a few pages back. It went unnoticed because at that time two people were actively discussing something else.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/815368/happy-as-a-pig-in-schiit-introducing-modi-multibit/2865#post_13370676

Keeping it on doesn't make sense IMO (see that post for reasoning). I don't keep it on and don't notice a difference when it warms up.

Thank you. I couldn't find a post where Schiit guys recommend the always on thing. Maybe going from idle temperature to operation temperature puts less stress on components, as opposite to go from room temperature to decoding temp? Guess not, but..

Anyway, I'm getting mine on May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back