Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Oct 28, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #1,456 of 4,588
Great that you're enjoying your rig. I too have the Mimby and 598's but I'm currently amping with the Lake People G109S. A very good sounding combo. I also love using the Beyerdynamics DT1350 with this setup.

Yeah the way I see it I have two things that work in my favour with me being happy with my current setup - lack of funds and lack of high quality audio experience :)

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,458 of 4,588
  Hi guys,

Can we connect this DAC RCA directly to amp or does it need the Schiit Sys?

Directly to the amp is good if you have volume control on your amp.

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #1,459 of 4,588
No, you'd need a way to adjust the volume between DAC and amp. Unless of course, like mentioned above you happen to have an integrated amp with a built-in volume control.

Nov 1, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,462 of 4,588
Hi, is anyone using a raspberry pi 3 and the hifiberry digi+ PRO card with the schiit multibit? I'm using the latest Raspian Pixel Linux and JRiver 36.
I just got one and it sounds terrible, I'm not sure if it is the card  or the multibit. The regular digi+ sounds OK. The thing is thin and hollow sounding. Violins have an scratchy exaggerated mylar sound. High frequencies are shrill. It's as though there is no midrange. It's hard for me to describe but there is a lack of body to the sound. Any experience with this card would be appreciated.

Duncan

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #1,463 of 4,588
  Hi, is anyone using a raspberry pi 3 and the hifiberry digi+ PRO card with the schiit multibit? I'm using the latest Raspian Pixel Linux and JRiver 36.
I just got one and it sounds terrible, I'm not sure if it is the card  or the multibit. The regular digi+ sounds OK. The thing is thin and hollow sounding. Violins have an scratchy exaggerated mylar sound. High frequencies are shrill. It's as though there is no midrange. It's hard for me to describe but there is a lack of body to the sound. Any experience with this card would be appreciated.

Duncan

Are those Digi+ Pro's Even for sale yet?

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,465 of 4,588
Hifiberry has a new website design, apparently they have hidden to news post about the pro. Just this morning the news article announcing the pro which sent you to an order page that displayed the price and quantity available was there, now its gone. If hit the Buy button they display a "Developers Store not for End Users" warning at the top of the page. I couldn't find the Developers Store on the new website. I bought mine a 1 week ago at the suggested list price. I don't know when the Beta test period will be over.

The drivers are in the linux 4.4.19 kernel and the latest Raspian Pixel release has full support. No other audio streamer, Volumio, Rune, etc. have the updates.

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #1,466 of 4,588

Duncan

Just really wondering if raspbery digi + and modi multibit were a good match.

Are you using the optical connection?

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #1,467 of 4,588
What are you guys using for a USB cable connecting Mimby to your computer? I have been using Audioquest Forrest, but have a Wywires USB coming. You need a good USB to get the most goodness out of your DAC. I also have some of Alex's Silver interconnects coming to connect Modimultibit and Vali 2.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #1,468 of 4,588
PYST from Schiit is a good bet.

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,470 of 4,588
I Cannot speak for a Mimby, But I use one with a Bimby Via Coax and Have tried it with a Modi2Uber. It works well on both accounts I like it far better than USB.

Bigro, I want to share a fancy wire story with you. A friend of mine was using some $250 battery biased Audioquest cable between a HiFiBerry I made for him and an Esoteric Audio K-07. He had skips in the playback and the Esoteric would lose lock. He blamed the HiFiBerry, his network or his K-07. Switching to a Belkin cable solved the problem.

Fast forward to my aquiring an Yggdrasil. I used a solid silver conductor Audioquest cable between the HiFiBerry and the Yggy. Got skips in the playback. Most of these resolved by switching to a medical grade power supply for the HiFiBerry. They only completely resolved when I switched to and cheap Acoustic Research cable from abc appliance mart.

It is Blue Jeans Cables for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back