Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #4,141 of 4,588
But the new price is $250. Getting more than half of the new value is good IMHO.

Yet that doesn't happen with basically any other part from them. Something like a Jot you are lucky to get a hundred off new on one used. Its like that with a lot of other of their stuff too. Relatively recently these were all over the place for 200 dollars and selling as far as I could tell.

Its not really a complaint I was just curious if this is what they are going for now or Im just having poor luck with potential buyers.

I’m not seeing anything about a V2 for the Mimby. Is that confirmed?

Nothing like that is ever really confirmed...at least officially. That said if you do some poking around on other sites it's pretty obvious there was a change made at some point.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #4,142 of 4,588
"One "guess" is Schiit has upgraded the modi. I see some people's profiles listing the Mimby with "Schiit Modi MB (v2 Firmware)."

To me, that would immediately make the older mimby drop in price in the used market? I'm getting a new DAC and might just give mimby to my son. For the money, it is a great DAC, even without the v2 Firmware (I have no idea how that would get installed if a person wanted it)

Schiit offers a chip upgrade from V1 to V2. Either they send you the chip, or you send in the unit so they do it. I think it's $35 or something.

It should be noted that Schiit's official position is that there is no sound quality difference between the two versions.

I had V1 and sold it (before they offered the chip upgrade), then bought a new V2. I do notice an improvement.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #4,143 of 4,588
Schiit offers a chip upgrade from V1 to V2. Either they send you the chip, or you send in the unit so they do it. I think it's $35 or something.

It should be noted that Schiit's official position is that there is no sound quality difference between the two versions.
I can confirm this. I sent mine in for an upgrade to V2. Got it back and didn't notice the difference. Per discussions in the forums the firmware update was for digital filter(s) to improve measurements. The improvements were in the non-audible but measurable range of signals. I think that's why they didn't call it V2 like in other products.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #4,144 of 4,588
I can confirm this. I sent mine in for an upgrade to V2. Got it back and didn't notice the difference. Per discussions in the forums the firmware update was for digital filter(s) to improve measurements. The improvements were in the non-audible but measurable range of signals. I think that's why they didn't call it V2 like in other products.

So what is the point of going version 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back