Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Apr 7, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,016 of 4,588
  I had my Mimby exactly one week and I am happy with it.  It's stacked with Asgard 2 using the PYST 6" RCA cables. It's getting too much heat from Asgard.  I like to put Mimby side by side with Asgard. 6" cable is too short.  Please recommend me the RCA cable I can use.  Thanks.

I like Blue Jeans Cable RCA pairs, reasonably priced and very well built. I use their S/PDIF Coax cable for my Mimby, custom 12" belden RCA from Mimby to SYS, and 3' BJC RCA to Jotunheim.

edit: here is a picture of my cable setup. The other "output" on my reversed SYS is some cheap Monster RCA cables that go to my speaker amp, SMSL SA-50 which feeds Micca MB42x with a Dayton Sub-800 in-between.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,017 of 4,588
RCA/BNC SPDIF cables should be at least 1.5 meters. This is due to how reflections happen in the cable.

Apr 7, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #3,018 of 4,588
  I had my Mimby exactly one week and I am happy with it.  It's stacked with Asgard 2 using the PYST 6" RCA cables. It's getting too much heat from Asgard.  I like to put Mimby side by side with Asgard. 6" cable is too short.  Please recommend me the RCA cable I can use.  Thanks.

I use these.  They are made by Straightwire the company that makes the Pyst cables for Schiit.  They come in a variety of lengths to meet your needs.

https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Wire-Musicable-Meter-Interconnect/dp/B00CRL7SPK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491588434&sr=8-2&keywords=straightwire+rca+musicable

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,020 of 4,588

Anything monoprice that is shielded.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #3,021 of 4,588

Reflections?
I've never heard this before.

Then it must not be valid!  
rolleyes.gif

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue14/spdif.htm

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #3,022 of 4,588
You guys just love to pick at each other, don't you? Lol

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #3,023 of 4,588
You guys just love to pick at each other, don't you? Lol

Come on. You know I make all that stuff up, right? Why would I want to put out real information when I can spread fake information?

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #3,026 of 4,588
  Any of these individual components may cause a reflection on the transmission line if they are not 75 ohms characteristic impedance.

Its based around impedance and not length

Only you could read that and come away saying that length is not also important.......

You comments are worthless to me. On the ignore you list you go.

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #3,027 of 4,588

Only you could read that and come away saying that length is not also important.......

You comments are worthless to me. On the ignore you list you go.

I mean you do believe in magic cables making a difference in sound quality.

But they have a list of what could cause these problems, and length is not a problem. As long as the impedance is balanced for the length it actually doesn't change the characteristics of how the signal would be transmitted.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #3,028 of 4,588
Ordered Modi Mulribit for the computer. Spending time comparing with Oppo BDP-95 in living room. Crazy value. Very similar. Oppo slightly extends treble and soundstage width/depth. Modi treble a bit more relaxed and smooth. Thanks Schiit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back