Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Mar 29, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #2,958 of 4,588

I am trying to understand your recommendations but the facts don't add up. Sorry, I am a scientist. I can't just blindly believe, I am not religious.

Hmm, scientists don't tend to speak like that. Sciencers, usually of the sound- flavor, bent on scientism, maybe, but scientists, hardly.*

* Self-proclaimed engineers around here often seem to be afflicted by just about the same innate diction difficulties...

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #2,959 of 4,588
Not that anyone cares but I turn mine on around 10 or 15 minutes before I want to listen to tunes and then turn off when I am finished.  Sounds fine and doesn't seem to sound any different several hours later.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,963 of 4,588
Mar 30, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #2,965 of 4,588
Heya all,

after starting "Schiit happend" by Mr Stoddard I'm very close to buying the Mimby.
The book is a very entertaining read by the way.

Just some questions:

1. will mimby work good with Tidal Hifi/Master? And sound good?
  2. I got a pimped Little Dot+ (tubes, opamp), and some Beyer Dt770 32 Ohm and Grado SR60 (modded) - will that setup work for starters?
  3. what cables does the mimby come with? I got a good AQ USB cable but it's got mini USB on one end. Unfortunately I also got a AQ RCA to 3,5
    normal_smile .gif
     So I might need 2 new cables?

Thanks! Hope it will be on stock in Europe again soon. 

BR
H

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #2,966 of 4,588
  Heya all,

after starting "Schiit happend" by Mr Stoddard I'm very close to buying the Mimby.

Just some questions:

2. I got a pimped Little Dot+ (tubes, opamp), and some Beyer Dt770 32 Ohm and Grado SR60 (modded) - will that setup work for starters?
  3. what cables does the mimby come with? I got a good AQ USB cable but it's got mini USB on one end. Unfortunately I also got a AQ RCA to 3,5
    normal_smile .gif

BR
H

Tidal Hifi is my primary music source. The Mimby sounds very good to me.

Mimby comes with no cables.

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #2,967 of 4,588
  Heya all,

Just some questions:

normal_smile .gif

BR
H

Should be more than fine with Tidal Hifi/master and Spotify Extreme.
Any amp will do as long as it powers your headphones, its important to have something that sounds good to YOU.
For cables Schiit sells PYST and there are Monoprice cables. I have Monoprice.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #2,968 of 4,588
  Heya all,

Just some questions:

normal_smile .gif

BR
H

Monoprice are great. I have some custom short belden/rean RCAs made by @Paladin79 that are fantastic as well. I also really like Blue Jeans Cables, but they are at the top end of what I like to spend on cables.

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #2,970 of 4,588
Hi I need some help installing my Modi Multi from my PC and to my Crack. Where do I hook up my Coaxial cable on my PC and what kind of RCA cable do I need to hook it up to my Crack? I'm assuming I need 2 male to 2 male RCA? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back