Hanging the K701
May 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Kagelou

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys~
So, I've been looking though every page of the DIY Headphone Stand thread and was wondering what kind of hanger would work best for my future K701. At first, I was planning to make something like this(second post tutorial) so that I could hang both my K701 and M50s, but then remembered reading a post somewhere saying that hanging the K701 from the leather band on a single point will make a "lump" on the band. If that really is the case, is it safe to hang the K701 from the two bands above the leather band?
If neither of these work, I will make a single version of the Ikea hanger for my M50s and another one for the K701.
Thanks for your help!

May 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 13
Yeah, it doesn't really matter how you hang it. Actually no, it doesn't matter at all. The hanger looks nice 
wink.gif

May 1, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 13
hm are you sure hanging it on the leather band on a single point wont stretch it or deform it? Since it's leather, I would think that if you put pressure on one point, it would deform it..but I might just be paranoid
confused_face.gif

May 1, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 13
I got a Banana Holder at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 and it's the best headphone hanger I've owned! It's better than that crappy Hose holder that never seems to stay upright. When you put the K702 on it, it's just held up by the top metal wires. For say an HD-650, it's best to put something under the hook. I like it so much that I'm going to get another one for my Bananas!

May 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Oh, I thought the Banana holder puts even more pressure on one point, so I was even considering it xD
So it is safe to hang the K701 by the top metal wires? Do you just balance them somehow on the banana hanger?
Pictures would be great!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I got a Banana Holder at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 and it's the best headphone hanger I've owned! It's better than that crappy Hose holder that never seems to stay upright. When you put the K702 on it, it's just held up by the top metal wires. For say an HD-650, it's best to put something under the hook. I like it so much that I'm going to get another one for my Bananas!

May 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 13
Any pictures hanging the K701, K702, or Q701 for reference would be greatly appreciated^^
Don't want to make something and then end up not using it xD

May 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 13
Here's a picture of that Bed Bath and Beyond banana holder I took for you. See, it works fairly well! Not bad for $9.99

May 3, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Thanks! I was just worried that those two bands across the top are fragile, and that it wouldn't be a good idea to hang them from that point. I was between the DIY stand and Hose holder, but now I'm pretty convinced that a banana hanger would work good as well. Thanks for the confirmation^^

I am assuming its this one. I love how none of the three customer images show it actually hanging bananas xD

Quote:
Here's a picture of that Bed Bath and Beyond banana holder I took for you. See, it works fairly well! Not bad for $9.99

May 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #10 of 13
I see. I'll check out a Bed Bath and Beyond if the DIY stand doesn't work for the K701. Thanks for your input^^

May 3, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 13
This was also another option I was looking at, but I don't want to damage any furniture, as I am going to be living in an apartment after the summer =/

Quote:
What about this?
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_part-finder_accessories_510615

it works on over the head style headphones. 

I don't really like the Woo Audio Stands that much, they look like they can easily be knocked over or broken in half xD
If I bought that stand, instead of "AKG K701 and a stand", it would be more like "CanCan headphone stand and headphones" lol

Quote:
You could get a Woo Audio stand? Or a beautiful odd headphone stand, at a very cheap price of $565

Users who are viewing this thread

Back