HANG EM' ! Hang them all !
Mar 22, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 17
There go the Samsung stocks.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 17
Remind me never to buy samsung again, i had no idea this was happening. So they were charging WAY more for DRAM to manufacturers then it was costing to make?

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
... So they were charging WAY more for DRAM to manufacturers then it was costing to make?

I am not sure that is what price fixing means. If it was to many people would be in jail.

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
Sure, they're guilty of price fixing, but the title of this thread really bothers me. It doesn't have anything to do with me being korean either, I just don't appreciate the thread title.

HUH?

Mar 22, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 17
so ignore it man !

no one is forcing your participation !

I find a good 50% of HEAD-FI in general bothers me personally and especially so the tigh a*sed "holier than thou" type posts but so ? I deal with it and/or ignore it which as a member is your right also.

If good taste or even intelligence were the measure of what could be posted here I think many would have a hard time cracking 100
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Just voicing my opinion, that's all, I believe that's what we do here?

that's what some do,most actually but there are others who have their own agenda who because they do not like a thing make every attempt to to get others to rise to their bait so the thread itself will go away and they will get their way through being a troll.

not saying that is the case here but why bother with such a comment in what is OBVIOULSLY a tongue in cheek thread title as indicated by the "winky"

Mar 23, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Remind me never to buy samsung again, i had no idea this was happening. So they were charging WAY more for DRAM to manufacturers then it was costing to make?

read more of the article, hynix, micron, samsung, and infinion all were found guilty of fixing prices, those 4 companies make up the vast majority of the dram used in computers, so chances are, you won't be able to own a computer unless you purchase some of their product, which quite frankly sucks, because this type of crap sickens me

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 17
My only question would be where are the damn headlines ? Is this not grand theft on a large scale that effects everyone that owns or uses a computer ? Why did I have to go to an obscure EE site to find the news ?

Seriously.It never ceases to amaze me personally how much we don't know about what goes on around us since all we know is what is widely reported mostly and if the ones in charge feel a thing is not newsworthy or for whatever reason want the truth of certain things to remain hidden then it did not happen as far as most are concerned.

Ken Ley is the anitchrist because THAT is headline worthy while other events every bit as bad go unnoticed because there is no fanfare,no trumpets,no headlines,no "I was robbed" crying and sobbing.

it sucks we are so in the dark on so much in the "information' age
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Sort of. Basically it means the various DRAM manufacturers have a secret meeting and agree not to compete with each other on prices, and then they set their prices at a nice high level to make craploads of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back