Halo Appreciation Thread
Mar 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Parall3l

lƐllɐɹɐԀ
Halo appreciation thread. 

I just read most of the novel in the Halo series, including the latest "Halo : Primordium". I'd recommend to any hardcore fan of Halo. Tells you a lot of details about the forerunners, the post war series is more focused on the Elite's (Sangheili) culture.

Personally I didn't like the idea of the new Spartan IVs in Halo 4. I mean, what happened to almost defeated with no resource coming from the outer colonies?
More content coming. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 6
It's a very up and down series for me. Still haven't really encountered a game I had more fun playing than Halo CE on PC. 

I read a few of the books of which I liked 'Fall of Reach' the most. It was really great to get that early story. 

Halo 2 was decent, Halo 3 was bad, Halo ODST was surprisingly a lot of fun, and Halo Reach was great. 

Overall I guess I'd call myself a fan. Soundtracks were fantastic, too.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
It's a very up and down series for me. Still haven't really encountered a game I had more fun playing than Halo CE on PC. 

I read a few of the books of which I liked 'Fall of Reach' the most. It was really great to get that early story. 

I did like the custom edition of Halo CE a lot. Since you like the "Fall of Reach" you might like "Ghosts of Onyx" and "Glasslands" as well. They're the next part of the story if I remember correctly.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

Halo 2 was decent, Halo 3 was bad, Halo ODST was surprisingly a lot of fun, and Halo Reach was great. 

Overall I guess I'd call myself a fan. Soundtracks were fantastic, too.

My experience has been quite different than yours. Halo 2 was by far my favorite game (minus the hacking/ranking issues), probably followed by the original CE, Halo Reach, Halo 3, and then ODST. Playing on LIVE for the first time is really what made Halo 2 my favorite game in the series. I've never been a PC gamer so it was my first real experience playing online. Ah the memories...

And the novels are quite excellent. I haven't read the last few, but it looks like I need to catch up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back