Gym/jogging Setup
Oct 30, 2008 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Hellesoe

Head-Fier
Ey there
smily_headphones1.gif

soon going to start exercising in the local gym, and well... i don't like the music there :p

so i just ordered a sony nwz-s739f(why socomplicated name) and i know that they got quite a pair of headphones in the package, but as a true headfi'er ii would like some better :p

i've got a pair of UM2's lying around but how do they "tolerate" sweat? can they keep up the pace when i would be using them 12-16 hours a week in the gym ?

don't wan't to destroy them :p so advices/exsperience is welcome

Regards Hellesøe

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 14
i ride my bike for 20 something miles a day with my super fi 5 v2 UEs. super lightweight comfy (with comply t400 tips) and decent sounding iems. Have a total bithead with alo cryo dock to the 3G iphone... pretty decent soundin setup but waiting for my pico to arrive....
smily_headphones1.gif
after that pure joy until of course i buy the UE11 Pros customs :p

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 14
VModa Vibes with iPod Shuffle G2. I run the cable down my shirt and clip the Shuffle to my waistband. I perspire heavily and so far (2 years) it hasn't effected the equipment at all. The Vibes give enough isolation so you aren't distracted and they are very lightweight and low profile.

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 14
For jogging I prefer the clip + my V-Moda Bass Freqs, cheap, decent sounding setup. And if it bites the dust I'll only lose minimal $$$ to replace it.

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ride my bike for 20 something miles a day with my super fi 5 v2 UEs. super lightweight comfy (with comply t400 tips) and decent sounding iems. Have a total bithead with alo cryo dock to the 3G iphone... pretty decent soundin setup but waiting for my pico to arrive....
smily_headphones1.gif
after that pure joy until of course i buy the UE11 Pros customs :p

You ride a bike 20 miles per day?! YOWSER! I drive that every day and my left leg aches from depressing the clutch.

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #8 of 14
Well just cancelled my order on the sony, will be going for a shuffle instead!, there's just one thing, v-moda's cost about 200 dollars here in Denmark i would't call those "cheap"
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 14
LOLZ ya.... it actually helps to not have wind noise bugging u....tht tires me out
smily_headphones1.gif
so the complys work wonders due to sound isolation altho i wudnt dare venture beyond my bike trails with those on
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellesøe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well just cancelled my order on the sony, will be going for a shuffle instead!, there's just one thing, v-moda's cost about 200 dollars here in Denmark i would't call those "cheap"
wink.gif

The V-Moda's I use are called "Bass Freq's", they're the cheap IEM's that V-Moda makes. Their others are a bit higher priced. Are you sure those aren't the 1's you looked at instead?

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOLZ ya.... it actually helps to not have wind noise bugging u....tht tires me out
smily_headphones1.gif
so the complys work wonders due to sound isolation altho i wudnt dare venture beyond my bike trails with those on
smily_headphones1.gif

yeah well I use my marshmallows on the streets with my shuffle
and I also ride 20miles a day but with this whole snow thing I might have to trade in the bike for a car

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #14 of 14
I use my Sansa clip 2Gig paired with creative ep-630, cheap and does the job (though the earphone really does suck, but I am jogging I mostly hear the music when my foot isn't pounding the ground which isn't often so.. there's really no point in spending some money for that)

@ Aris, be a tough Montrealer and bike during the Winter, I don't know how people do that but my ex did that.. I think that's dangerous and cold.. but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back