gym headphones with good sound quality
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

akaralar

New Head-Fier
hey everyone,

i'm looking to buy some gym headphones and i do not want to compromise on sound quality. I currently own a pair of sennheiser amperiors which sound quite nice to my ears. i usually listen to electronic stuff but i also listen to jazz and hiphop from time to time and the amperiors treat my ears quite nicely in those genres. i am looking to listen to music from my iphone, so if there happens to be iphone remote functionality for receiving calls that would be awesome as well. i would also prefer the headphones to be wireless since i will be exercising but if i can only achieve my other priorities with a wired headphone than that's ok.

so to summarise my priorities (in order of importance):

0- since i'm asking for gym headphones, sweat and possibly water resistant and does not fall of easily. my trainings are intense so it shouldn't break because of sweat. 
1- has to have decent sound quality, i do not want a very big downgrade from sennheiser amperiors since i am quite used to them.
2- has iphone remote functionality, but not having this is not a deal breaker.
3- prefer wireless (bluetooth), but ok if it is not wireless.
4- isolation does not matter much, comfort somewhat(since i will be wearing them 5-10 hours a week) matters but if i find everything i want above in a pair and it is uncomfortable, i'm ok with that.

i looked around but wasn't able to pinpoint some good quality sports headphones. i trusted this site everytime i bought a pair of headphones and i never regretted it :) so i'm hoping this community will help me find a proper pair!

thanks in advance!

oh btw, in ear or over the ear or something else, it doesn't matter as long as the list above is satisfied!

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
The Bose SIE2i fits that description

EWWW Get the Koss Porta Pro, they actually have a model that works with iDevices! Trust me. with a very easy mod they sound very epic! Not to mention the price and the iPod controls!

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
EWWW Get the Koss Porta Pro, they actually have a model that works with iDevices! Trust me. with a very easy mod they sound very epic! Not to mention the price and the iPod controls!

hey thanks, can you tell a bit more about the simple mod or where i can find a review of the modded version?

Aug 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #5 of 6
Lol, I just think in ears are the only way to go in the gym. I feel like over ears always get in the way. Personal preference :p

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 6
I personally use Hisound E212 for this purpose since they have quite a lot of bass which I find a plus when doing exercise. They have held up very well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back