Gym head phones with lots of bass
Mar 10, 2011 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Frankrizzo

New Head-Fier
I need some gym headphones with lots of bass willing to spend up to 200. Can be used. Any recommendations? It's for an iPhone 4. I was thinking about the sennheiser 680 sports

Mar 10, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 33
You could save some bucks and get the Fischer Audio Eternas. There over the ear and loads of bass and very fun signature to keep you pumped up.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 33
I find the CC51 to be pretty great in the bass department and the other frequencies as well. Yet it still maintains clarity. The bass is pretty strong and skull rattling, comparable to that of the Monster Turbine Pro Golds. I use it in the gym and it's perfect for workout music.

Mar 11, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 33

Quote:
sennheiser ie8 is the way to go 

I second this however mostly for the bass preference. You may need to tinker with the tips to find a combo that works well and stays secure in your ears as the nozzle is quite shallow. I have gone running with my IE8s and they were absolutely no problem! Every ear is different though...

Mar 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #8 of 33
Sennheiser sport series. My CX380 has a lot of bass with a sound sig like the IE8. Mids are surprisingly good if you can equalize them. Also don't run with any audio gear unless you plan on replacing them. Use sweat proof equipment. Otherwise the sweat damages the filters and over time the sound quality.

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 33
best gym iems are m6's..... fit well and light weight and cheap

Mar 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:
Check out the Monster Beat Tours. The sound quality is very well defined and excellent punchy bass. Bad ass aesthetics also!

Eww...horrible.  Do not check out the Beat tours...the only Monster IEMs worth a damn are the Turbines (all versions really).  The Beat line of IEMs are just as good as the regular Beats (i.e. not very good).

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 33

Quote:
Eww...horrible.  Do not check out the Beat tours...the only Monster IEMs worth a damn are the Turbines (all versions really).  The Beat line of IEMs are just as good as the regular Beats (i.e. not very good).

I'm not sure what you are looking for in headphones because as far as I am concerned Beats Tours would fit nicely for the role of the gym.

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #13 of 33

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are looking for in headphones because as far as I am concerned Beats Tours would fit nicely for the role of the gym.

Sarcasm detected?

I wouldn't get the Beat Tours. They are too expensive for the gym and the sound quality is questionable for it's price. I'll take my sweat proof Sennhesier CX380 for $20-30 any day over Beat Tours

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 33

I look for headphones that sound good.  :)

Beats Tours sound great, all Monster headphones actually sound great. Maybe a little pricey but they do come with great aerhetics and a name known by many. Not to mention the excellent build quality and extras such as a case. You know, there's a reason why you see a lot of footballers/stars wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back