Guys(and girls) I need some advice on what earphones to buy?
Jun 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Alex12345

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some decent earphones for a budget of below £25. I have been told that Sennheiser CX earphones are the way to go and that I should only look on sites such as amazon.co.uk and steer clear of ebay.com due to dodgy fake earphones. I love bass in songs but I listen to different types of music except heavy metal and boy bands. So far I have found Sennheiser CX215's in blue for £25, Sennheiser CX175 in black for £20 and Sennheiser CX 200 Street II in grey for £21 what one should I get? Do you have any advice for me?and are there any better deals out there that you have found? Thanks, Alex :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 7
There are so many more options than CX series Sennheiser - now don't get me wrong - I love me some Sennheiser (I own the IE8 and love the hell out of them) but for your budget, you could certainly do better - do some research on some of the entry level Vsonic product - you'll get your bass and so much more. I own the VC02 and they blow me away at that price point (now $50, I got them when they came out for $26) The bass is solid and punchy - but all the other frequencies are well represented - nothing is muddy or distant. Great for Rock and Roll...

Just some thoughts...

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into the Sennheiser CX175's and I like the style of them and the reviews I have read so far look pretty good do you think they are a good buy for £20/$30?

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 7
If you like the house sound - you aren't spending so much as to be making a huge mistake if you don't like them. They aren't bad - but a lot of times, great reviews on an IEM like that come from those whose frame of reference is limited. It is a big world out there - and there are many choices that punch above their weight class. Chances you will be satisfied with the sound of the CX175 - so you can't go wrong.

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 7
If you like punchy bass this is one of the best you can get at that price point

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

there are no known fakes around (on ebay) since it costs too much to make the housing etc without mass production. I havn't heard the earphones you mentioned but the mh1c kills the cx300 easily. If you do, make sure you get the c version.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 7
I've heard a few Sennheiser CX IEMs and the MH1C. From memory the MH1C was much better.

In addition, i wouldn't really trust reviews on non headphone sites because many people aren't knowledgeable. Many think brands like skullcandy and bose are the best headphones/IEMs ever. For example, the Bose IE2 has a higher rating than the TF10 on amazon even though the TF10 is far better. (people dont know how to wear the TF10 and many complain about the (easily replaceable,) subpar stock cable breaking.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-281-iems-compared-vsonic-gr07-be-and-r02-silver-added-05-15-13-p-688 this is a good thread to check out.

The Vsonic GR02 intrigues me and I'd get that if I were you. Its 36$ USD and joker scored it a 7.6/10 vs the CX300 getting a 4.8/10 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back