Guy with interesting/controversial claims ......(02 > WA7)
Nov 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrTechAgent

Member of the Trade: Kaldas Research
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST - First of all this guy is awesome , I have a lot of respect for his content on YouTube and being a content producer I know how good he is , he does not consider himself a audiophile but his claim in a simple sentence is (02 > WA7) now yeah its SS VS Tube and he says clearly that he cannot find a difference between these two amps ,  I would recommend watching his video first its quite long but if you have the time to spare ... this might be interesting to watch , OK , I have no experience with either of the mentioned amps but I can relate to his preferences because he used to use his STX (Which is my primary source) as his primary source so ..... I think he has a hd800 , he500 , mmx300 , some modded T50rps by the mayflower guy and ..... IDK this is all I can recollect ....

Some things I wanted to mention - 

1) What are your guys opinions ? (Main reason to start this thread)
2) Please don't go hard on him , I know when I joined Head-Fi 5-6 months ago my knowledge was funny as well so I understand his will grow with time 

His Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/barnacules1
My Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrTechAgent

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't see a lot wrong with this vid. He might have slipped up on a few technical things- but he did say he is more a music guy than a gear guy. He's merely reporting his experience. So what if he liked the cheaper amp better and does'nt notice a difference with 192K. He is giving his "bottom line" and that bottom line does'nt matter if it's tubes or solid state or what it cost, it's what he liked when playing his music- and he claims to have done extensive audition.

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 7
I suspect part of the reason is that he may have fallen into the trap of letting the higher gain of the O2 bias his review. Other than that, *shrugs* - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've heard the WA7 - it's a nice amp, but it didn't wow me - and I thought it was a bit underpowered when driving low-efficiency, high-impedance 'phones. I liked the WA6 better.

PS, what he said about the 24/96K vs 32/192K DACs made sense to me!

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 7
I suspect part of the reason is that he may have fallen into the trap of letting the higher gain of the O2 bias his review. Other than that, *shrugs* - everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've heard the WA7 - it's a nice amp, but it didn't wow me - and I thought it was a bit underpowered when driving low-efficiency, high-impedance 'phones. I liked the WA6 better.

PS, what he said about the 24/96K vs 32/192K DACs made sense to me!

Yes ...... The DAC part was right , lossless is good just for the extension up top , I just wanted to confirm if his opinions were honest or exaggerated .... thanks for the reply 

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #5 of 7
  I don't see a lot wrong with this vid. He might have slipped up on a few technical things- but he did say he is more a music guy than a gear guy. He's merely reporting his experience. So what if he liked the cheaper amp better and does'nt notice a difference with 192K. He is giving his "bottom line" and that bottom line does'nt matter if it's tubes or solid state or what it cost, it's what he liked when playing his music- and he claims to have done extensive audition.

Exactly ...... As I said I just wanted to confirm on Head-Fi , now I really want the o2 :p
Thanks for the reply 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back