Gustard X26 Dual ES9038PRO DAC with ESS USB chip
Mar 10, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #33 of 105
Guys,

independent measurements of the X26 shows that it's an stellar DAC from the technical point of view. It is so good that even the ugly Sabre IMD hump does not exist.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...iew-and-measurements-of-gustard-dac-x26.7007/

how it sounds, I have no clue, but I'm happy to see there is real engineering behind it.

PS: $ alert: the unit was sent to ASR by shenzhen audio, so the chances of a hand picked unit are very high. Be cautious.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #38 of 105
Do you see any highend DAC on this list? :)

the Chord Qutest and RME ami-2 are reported to be very good. In addition, it has to outperform $5k DACs to be good?.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #39 of 105
Guys,

independent measurements of the X26 shows that it's an stellar DAC from the technical point of view. It is so good that even the ugly Sabre IMD hump does not exist.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...iew-and-measurements-of-gustard-dac-x26.7007/

how it sounds, I have no clue, but I'm happy to see there is real engineering behind it.

PS: $ alert: the unit was sent to ASR by shenzhen audio, so the chances of a hand picked unit are very high. Be cautious.

Nothing to be "Be cautious" about ,Gustard is legit ,enjoying my stack like a boss :L3000:

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #40 of 105
Do you see any highend DAC on this list? :)

Yes. Several DACs have stellar measurements, which can label them as 'highend' if we want to use that term. What some people / communities regard as 'highend' is another discussion, since for some exotic looks, glow of the tubes and high price automatically mean 'highend'.

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #43 of 105
Guys,

Hmmmm ...

" ...PS: $ alert: the unit was sent to ASR by shenzhen audio, so the chances of a hand picked unit are very high. Be cautious."

That's funny. In a few respects:

A) There may be some truth to it ("hand" selected).

B) It may be a randomly selected DAC -or one of the first few production samples.

C) What makes yo think other manufacturer's don't "hand-pick" for review purposes ?
(Should we be 'cautioned' here as well ?)

D) Gustard has a VERY respectable/proven track history -over the past few years.
(Dozens/hundreds of personal accounts speaking to its quality.)

E) I have great doubt Gustard is leveraging its massive PR/Review muscle ! (lol)

F) Ummm, although NOT chump-change, it is, after all, a very reasonably priced
($1,200. bones US$), ultra modern/premium DAC.

Speaking personally, I know of two people who've ordered (from Shenzhen), and
received a prompt shipment, perfectly working DAC (and/or Spdif Converter) !

I, as a used 'X-20pro' purchaser (Oh, and a U-12), have been enjoying stellar performance
for the past two years. And I am a veteran Hi-fi'er who does not impress easily -or without
merit.

pj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back