Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro)
Nov 22, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #181 of 300
X22?
Its on shenzen audio for 999$.
No idea how it ssounds though

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #184 of 300
I have a nicely modded X20Pro for sale if anyone is interested. 9+/10 condition.
Mods performed by Ric at tweakaudio.com
Mods include power section, Crystek clock (and moved directly to the dac chips), improvements to the analog output section, also damping.
I paid $650 for the mods.
This is a non-USB model. I used I2S and Coax.
GCA1.JPG
GCA3.JPG

$725 plus Paypal. I will ship for free to the Continental U.S.
PM if interested.

Attachments

• 20170831_112432.jpg
    20170831_112432.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170831_112638.jpg
    20170831_112638.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #186 of 300
I need help! I inherited this DAC from my brother (yes he passed away) and used it for a few months and it died and I want to get it fixed. I can't find the original bill of sale but I know it was purchased from Shenzhen Audio and I have the warranty card. I opened an account with them and tried to submit a ticket but website says captcha error, yet there is no captcha. I emailed them asking where I could send it to be fixed and that I would pay for the repair and they replied asking where did I buy it, which wasn't any help. I couldn't send a reply because it is a no-reply email account. I am stuck.

All I want is to have this repaired. Does anyone know how to deal with Shenzhen Audio to get this fixed? Is there a place I can send it to get repaired? Is there anyone in North America that can fix this? (I live in Canada). Any help would be appreciated.

It was a great sounding DAC, so it would be nice to have it repaired. Right now it is just a brick and I would hate to throw it away. The perils from buying from China and not going through North American channel.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #188 of 300
Have you tried any of the quick fixes such as checking the fuse? My X20 blacked out once for me and the problem was the fuse.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have added more. The unit powers up and the screen comes to life but all inputs are dead. The usb won't work and the optical won't work so I don't think it is the fuse. If it was the fuse, where is it? I can't find it! Before it died, the screen would show information that was wrong but I have read that is a known problem.

The day is only getting worse. I have an ASUS UX303L that I used with it and it just died. It won't power up after a shut down. Another bridge to cross.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #190 of 300
Maybe that Asus was the problem. Can you try another computer? Or a CD/DVD player?
Yes, I tried using the optical through my tv and it didn't work. I also tried a second computer and different USB cable and same result.

I have tried multiple times to get it to work and I just hooked it up and it is working again! So I don't know if the problem is just intermittent or just a fluke. We will see how this plays out. Thanks for your help.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #192 of 300
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I should have added more. The unit powers up and the screen comes to life but all inputs are dead. The usb won't work and the optical won't work so I don't think it is the fuse. If it was the fuse, where is it? I can't find it! Before it died, the screen would show information that was wrong but I have read that is a known problem.

The day is only getting worse. I have an ASUS UX303L that I used with it and it just died. It won't power up after a shut down. Another bridge to cross.

Thanks for your suggestion.
The fuse is located next to where the power cord plugs in. Look at it closely under good lighting. I use a small screwdriver to open the fuse location. If the unit powers up I don't think it the fuse.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #193 of 300
Are you selecting the correct input to use?
Yes, I am using the right input, the USB works but the optical in doesn't work now. I have a Metrum DAC so I know my devices work because I double check them in that. As I said I have USB now so I can play music but the optical that I hooked directly to my tv doesn't work and it did a week ago.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #194 of 300
Have you checked your optical cable?

I had a few times when an optimal cable did not work properly (all on other DACs, not X20), but I never had any trouble with coaxial cable to get the digital info from a CD/DVD player.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #195 of 300
Hello everyone. I need your help!

I can not stress enough how frustrated i am after waiting for the latest driver (4.36) from Singxer so i could do DSD512 on my Gustard x20pro. Through HQ Player with Roon-Tidal i can select the 44.1k x512 bitrate and 512+fs modulator with or without DOP and the music plays fine but my Gustard's display is showing wrong playback rates like 5.6448MHz or 2.82MHz... I can't tell if i am upsampling to DSD512 or not because of the error in display.. Roon tells me that i DO upsample to 512dsd in its interface by the way.
I am kind of new to all this stuff , so what am i missing here? Why can't i upsample 512DSD or it is not possible at all?

Also my other related question is , what is the difference between Native DSD and upsampled one? With this new driver from Singxer they claim that it supports Native only DSD. Thank you!

(BTW my Singxer Su1 and Gustard x20pro is connected via I2S.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back