Gustard H20 static crackling sound on right channel
Sep 5, 2020 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Icekuma

Head-Fier
My Gustard H20 suddenly producing static like cracklings noise only on the right side from 4pin xlr and all single ended out. It’s not headphone issue as I tried with DAP directly and headphone are working fine.

I sent video recording of the Gustard to local parallel importer and was told the component spoiltbased o Gustard advice. I cannot help but to think this is common issue as the immediately know the issue from video? Plus there is disclaimer that it may not solve the issue.

I was advised to get the Component from Gustard thru him and need to find on my own for repair Man to do replacement and soldering.

Anyone has similar issue or have suggestion?

thank you

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 6
This amp isn't cheap. Perhaps next time it would be wiser to spend your money on a company with a better quality control reputation.

That's my suggestion, hope u can get fixed

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 6
I hope so. It’s not cheap! let’s see how this turns out.
thanks for yout response.
Sorry I couldn't give more helpful advice

You may not have been aware but Gustard is a Chinese company that makes knock offs of German Violectric and other brand amps using subpar components as you are now experiencing.

In the future if you need an amp recommendation PM me and I can provide a number of more reliable good sounding options to choose from.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 6
Sorry I couldn't give more helpful advice

You may not have been aware but Gustard is a Chinese company that makes knock offs of German Violectric and other brand amps using subpar components as you are now experiencing.

In the future if you need an amp recommendation PM me and I can provide a number of more reliable good sounding options to choose from.
Thank you. inam thinking to get DAC and amp combo For my iMac and using my Sony WM1A as source. what would be your recommendation? Budget 1k? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back