Gustard H20 headphone amp
Apr 15, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #166 of 646
Would be good if somebody could do direct comparison with H10 which I own and very much like.

My H10 is pimped with current Burson's V6 Vivid opamps.

Cheers

Apr 15, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #168 of 646
I look forward to hearing more opinions about it as the drop folks receive their H20's. I posted a request for it and then found one elsewhere. I'm still a newbie at the Massdrop timing thing. I'm having serious white-knuckle issues with that Elex drop. But what I read seems to indicate that I'd like the Elear better. Decisions, decisions.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #169 of 646
Would it be at the same level as a Master 9 or Mjolnir2?

Apr 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #170 of 646
And so, there were three! Yay!

Screenshot_20180416-092718_1.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #171 of 646
For people who bought the H20 on Massdrop, how do you feel about only having a 30 day warranty ? I find it a problem for me, others may not.

Apr 16, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #172 of 646
For people who bought the H20 on Massdrop, how do you feel about only having a 30 day warranty ? I find it a problem for me, others may not.

Do you still get the two year Warranty from gustard though?

Apr 16, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #173 of 646
Where have you heard about the 30 days?

I only know about this claim by Gustard:
Yes, no matter which dealer you are buying from, as long as the product is still under warranty, we will definitely provide product warranty service.

However, when you need a warranty, you must first contact the dealer at the time of purchase. Then they are responsible for shipping the product back to China for repairs.After that we will handle all the rest.

I'm assuming Massdrop counts as the dealer here.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #174 of 646
Do you still get the two year Warranty from gustard though?

Where have you heard about the 30 days?
I was going to buy a Little Dot Tube amp from Massdrop, I asked about the warranty. Massdrop informed if there is no mention of a warranty listed on the product description page, it does not come with a manufacturer's warranty. Massdrop did say all products come with their 30 day warrant.
This has turned me off from buying a couple of amps. With the little dot I would have been better off paying a extra $50 & ebay and get a warranty.
I would definitely ask !

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #175 of 646
I was going to buy a Little Dot Tube amp from Massdrop, I asked about the warranty. Massdrop informed if there is no mention of a warranty listed on the product description page, it does not come with a manufacturer's warranty. Massdrop did say all products come with their 30 day warrant.
This has turned me off from buying a couple of amps. With the little dot I would have been better off paying a extra $50 & ebay and get a warranty.
I would definitely ask !
I definitely don't like the idea of just 30 days of warranty. But there's a lot that would have been good to get more prompt clarification on in the Massdrop discussion... just check out the AAA 789 amp discussion, that's how it's done. So at least there's a chance that despite the Massdrop page not saying it, the two year warranty offered by Gustard holds. It would be really nice not having to wonder, though.

Apr 17, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #178 of 646
The two-year warranty (I thought) was a foregone conclusion by now. It's a little weird that it keeps coming up again and again and then, "one 'mo 'gin'". (Sort of like the ending of Basie's "April In Paris".)
I have no connection with either Gustard or Massdrop. I'd be really surprised if Gustard had that kind of disregard for a fledgling customer base. That company could be a SERIOUS mover and shaker in the North American market and that would be the kiss of death for them, were they to do it.
Besides, wouldn't Massdrop have to open EACH box, fish the warranty cards OUT, seal the box back up (in a way you couldn't tell) and then ship it on to the customer and then chuckle fiendishly while fetishing a collection of Warranty Cards that they themselves could never use?

Have I missed something that happened on previous drops? If there was a widespread problem on a drop, did it involve Gustard?

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #179 of 646
Gustard may very well take care of their products, I do not know. However I do know what massdrop has stated about how they offer products with no manufacturing warrant so it makes me wonder about all products not listing a manufacturing warranty. I see this as a problem with massdrop first and foremost. A simple statement on the product page would fix any concerns.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #180 of 646
Just to chime in here: I know nothing about Massdrop, but I too would be wary if a seller were only stipulating a 30 day warranty!
However, regarding Gustard, on the H10 thread (I believe) it was reported that they would honour the warranty on any amp, no-matter where it was bought (or something along those lines). I'm sure that I would recall if there were any 30 day limitation to this!

That was a couple of years ago. Things may have changed now. But i can't imagine that things have changed that much, if at all.

BTW It's nice to see that some interest has been sparked, around here! :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back