GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
May 7, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,681 of 5,552
The greatest problems with reviews and forums is that they use their ears and not yours.  I like bass weight and texture, some like a rather
lean, taut signature.  I'm very sensitive to a somewhat dry, analytical sound and others call that neutral.  Cans that feel like they are inserting
ice picks into my ears are just what others seems to want.  Point being, it's really hard to predict what someone else will like.  Even after a
couple hundred hours, I feel like my H10 changes day to day.  It sounds great (to me on good recordings) with my HE500's.  60's rock can
be pretty rough if I don't watch volume levels.
Hibuck....

May 8, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,682 of 5,552
DreamKing and daltonlanny, have you all received your amp yet from Pollychen?  Kind of weary of this tracking number issues some of you experience where seller gives tracking number but does not show up nor work.  So still recommend Pollychen?

May 8, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,684 of 5,552
I sent a question about the tracking #, also asking if i could be given a tracking number that actually worked, that was 2 days ago, he repplied this yesterday:

"I will check it,you can take it easy.thnks"

Since then i sent another email yesterday, still no reply.

May 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,687 of 5,552
  Many say he was reliable about sending the gustard, but not about the tracking.

I never received a tracking number but was not expecting one per posts way early in the thread.  If you don't hit a holiday as I did(Chinese New Year) shipping to US will be approx. 10 days.

May 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,689 of 5,552
DreamKing and daltonlanny, have you all received your amp yet from Pollychen?  Kind of weary of this tracking number issues some of you experience where seller gives tracking number but does not show up nor work.  So still recommend Pollychen?

I ordered my latest one from Vintage Audio Lab, not pollychen.
Still haven't received it. It was shipped at the first of the week.

May 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #1,690 of 5,552

My tracking number does not work. I talked to Pollychen and he said he would check. But it's still not late or anything yet and I did hear that this kind of stuff does happen. I ordered some other thing from a different seller in China again last week and the tracking number with China Post doesn't work.

H10:
Estimated delivery Tue, May 12 - Thu, Jun 04

I don't know how the hell the shipping estimate went all the way up to June 4th as the latest because it was 12-19 of May originally but maybe something is going on with cargos in China. I don't know, I tried to search if there were any delays in shipping in stuff but couldn't find anything. Hopefully I get it next week.

May 8, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #1,691 of 5,552
Concerning the tracking numbers:

This may or may not be why your numbers are not working. On the Audio-GD Dac-19 thread people had a similar issue, to which Kingwa responded that he is on the mainland and that DHL is a Hong Kong based company , which thus means something in customs on mainland is holding things up.

If I am not mistaken, Pollychen is also based in Shenzhen like Kingwa, and even though Shenzhen is within sight of Hong Kong (just north of it), they operate under separate jurisdictions.

I suspect that customs is slowed down at the moment, unfortunately. I do know that once DHL "gets a hold" of your amp, you may expect a swift and secure delivery with tracking.

Hopefully this sorts out for you all soon.

Finally, I wonder if accompanying this sudden price drop, there is an even larger influx of orders worldwide that would further paralyze the customs process as it is true the majority of orderers will not be posting here about it.

May 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,692 of 5,552
Good to know, but either way i dont want to have my amp take longer then expect, if they are having troubles with parcel transportation that its not my problem, im already risking to pay high import taxes so at least i want it as soon as possible.

If it does delay i will want a refund and a cancelation and will go after another equipment, that i can get within the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back