GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
May 6, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,666 of 5,552
Thanks for the info. Did the tracking ever work for your order? Mine doesn't show up on their link or Canada Post.

For my h10 they gave me a tracking that did not work. I contacted them after 3 weeks and he gave me a new tracking that did work. This time with the X12 the tracking is not working again, and he said it will come soon and their tracking does not work well with ebay tracking. We will see....

May 6, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #1,667 of 5,552
  For my h10 they gave me a tracking that did not work. I contacted them after 3 weeks and he gave me a new tracking that did work. This time with the X12 the tracking is not working again, and he said it will come soon and their tracking does not work well with ebay tracking. We will see....

Was there any difference in the digits between the 1st code (that did not work) and the 2nd one? I mean any differnce in the number of digits and did the 2nd one have letters?

May 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #1,668 of 5,552
Just ordered another Gustard H10 a couple of days ago.
Going to see how good it matches up with the beta Hifiman HE1000.
Couldn't resist...especially considering how good the Gustard drives the HE-500 and HE-560..:p

May 6, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #1,669 of 5,552
  If he gave you the tracking number, that only means it was generated by his account. It doesn't mean that it was placed in DHL's hands yet.  Nevertheless, it does take a day or so before it shows up on DHL's tracking page, even after it is delivered to them.  I would send Pollychen a message and ask if it has been delivered to DHL because it is not showing up.

Since they just opened business hours I sent him an email. This is weird though, 3 complete business days later after it was shipped and no info. I got some other thing that was shipped from China but with China Post this time and that doesn't show any information from the post's tracking service either.

May 6, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,672 of 5,552
  Is the H10 good with HD800? are there any problems with this amp so far?
Thanks.

Your first question: don't be lazy; search the thread/forum; people have already discussed this; search, read and then ask questions...,please. 

Your second question: again, people have already discussed problems. But i guess you'd have to know what problem to search for. I recall some having issues with the volume control action. Also, the phone connection is recessed, which can cause issues for 'fat' jacks.
That's a start for you.

May 6, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,673 of 5,552

Thanks.

Your first question: don't be lazy; search the thread/forum; people have already discussed this; search, read and then ask questions...,please. 

Your second question: again, people have already discussed problems. But i guess you'd have to know what problem to search for. I recall some having issues with the volume control action. Also, the phone connection is recessed, which can cause issues for 'fat' jacks.
That's a start for you.

Yeah, I had an ALO Green Line cable that wouldn't fit the jack. Also, yeah, the "search this thread" feature is key.

May 7, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #1,675 of 5,552
Searched, didn't get a clear answer, some say it's good, some say not so good, so was looking for more opinions.

We have a meet tomorrow- H10 and HD800 will be there as well as other great amps, will do a comparison and report back.

Cheers,
K

May 7, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,677 of 5,552

I feel an important prerequisite to getting an effective answer to this type of question.. as far as the HD800 is concerned.. is:  what is it that you like about the HD800's sound .. and what would you like to improve/preserve/change/diminish/etc.?  Being that the HD800 is very revealing of upstream gear (and it does have *some* inherent character of it's own), it takes on the nature of what it's fed.. more decisively than any other headphone out there, IMO.  So, do you want to preserve the HD800's resolution?  Do you want to roll off the treble a bit?  Do you want to goose up the mids?  Etc. etc.  When establish what you prioritize of the HD800's abilities (and include a budget), I find you'll get more effective solutions for upstream pairings.

May 7, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #1,678 of 5,552

I feel an important prerequisite to getting an effective answer to this type of question.. as far as the HD800 is concerned.. is:  what is it that you like about the HD800's sound .. and what would you like to improve/preserve/change/diminish/etc.?  Being that the HD800 is very revealing of upstream gear (and it does have *some* inherent character of it's own), it takes on the nature of what it's fed.. more decisively than any other headphone out there, IMO.  So, do you want to preserve the HD800's resolution?  Do you want to roll off the treble a bit?  Do you want to goose up the mids?  Etc. etc.  When establish what you prioritize of the HD800's abilities (and include a budget), I find you'll get more effective solutions for upstream pairings.

Good, logical post.

I think that the HD800's work well with the Gustard gear, but it's a smoother sound. The treble and imaging are very good, but it's not quite as detailed or quite as well separated as other combos that play to the HD800's strengths (namely details, soundstage and imaging). Note that the only other gear I've listened to the HD800's properly on has been the Matrix M-Stage combo, which is said to be very synergistic with the Senn's.

The Gustard gear brings the HD800's a little bit closer to the Audeze type of sound, which kind of limits its strengths imo. Having said that, there are a lot of people that DO like the kind of sound that the V200/H10 have with the HD800's over other amps. I also appreciate it, I just prefer the LCD-2's and X's from the Gustard's. Unfortunately the only way to really know where you stand is to listen to all of the equipment yourself.

May 7, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,679 of 5,552
  Good, logical post.

I think that the HD800's work well with the Gustard gear, but it's a smoother sound. The treble and imaging are very good, but it's not quite as detailed or quite as well separated as other combos that play to the HD800's strengths (namely details, soundstage and imaging). Note that the only other gear I've listened to the HD800's properly on has been the Matrix M-Stage combo, which is said to be very synergistic with the Senn's.

The Gustard gear brings the HD800's a little bit closer to the Audeze type of sound, which kind of limits its strengths imo. Having said that, there are a lot of people that DO like the kind of sound that the V200/H10 have with the HD800's over other amps. I also appreciate it, I just prefer the LCD-2's and X's from the Gustard's. Unfortunately the only way to really know where you stand is to listen to all of the equipment yourself.

That right there is a great answer to @pearljam50000's question.. good post, Arnotts.  Now, he's got an idea of what direction his HD800 many go with the H10 in tow (outside of what his DAC does).

May 7, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #1,680 of 5,552
This is why I'm interested in what the sound is gonna be like with my HE-560. From what I can tell, it's looking to be a good pairing but if I bring my dac into the equation (lean tonality, treble glare, holographic soundstage, great micro detail presence, imaging is picture accurate) and the H10's sound, I have absolutely no idea what that's gonna sound like after reading what other people thought with different dacs.

It's gonna be even more interesting with my current amp that I'm gonna use as a preamp as it brought its own neutral/slightly warm tonality to the mids and made the bass much stronger and tight. So I could mix some water with the whiskey if it gets too much out of hand for me. I first started doing this with my E12 that I use every now and then and was surprised at how much it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back