Gustard DAC-A26 - AK4499EX DAC :: Impressions Thread
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #931 of 938
Hello
Absolutly not work with Tidal Connect this firmware of wikaudio
Even worse, I can not flash back to factory 1.43 anymore! The second column on the USBimager is blank, with no option to choose. I tried the Etcher but could not see the target drive. even PC showing I successfully mounted the A26. I am stuck.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #932 of 938
Even worse, I can not flash back to factory 1.43 anymore! The second column on the USBimager is blank, with no option to choose.
I don’t think either of you understand what you are doing.
These are working for everyone except you two.
Go to the R26 thread and follow the instructions on how to install firmware with balena etcher.

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #934 of 938
If all fails. Remove the microSD card inside your unit and flash/format it directly. There were cases, the microSD card were the culprit.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #935 of 938
If all fails. Remove the microSD card inside your unit and flash/format it directly. There were cases, the microSD card were the culprit.
Thanks for your reply. my A26 still works as a DAC after I flashed it to Wikaudio firmware, however, it does not work for me to use Tidal Connect. I tried to flash it back so I still can use the older Tidal version on Android, but it failed. I will consider your suggestion.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #936 of 938
If all fails. Remove the microSD card inside your unit and flash/format it directly. There were cases, the microSD card were the culprit
Pull out the card, I used an endurance 64 GB card and externally flashed the card with Wikaudio firmware, still does not work and can't be seen when in the machine through the USB cable connected. Pulled it out again, flashed the official Gustard 1.43, everything worked again. and can be seen when in the machine through the cable. I guess I will stop here till the next version comes out. Thank you,Mickey!

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #938 of 938
Hello friends, this third party firmware does not work in A26.
Please remove the download link as soon as possible.
Thank you so much
Hi, thanks for the info. I wouldn't think of installing self-help firmware in such a device myself. And that's the problem: how is it possible that with a machine that is not downright cheap we are not guaranteed that it will work fine? Version 1.43 is a year old, and for most of that time it was available surreptitiously through some user links. You advertise the A26 with the words "more protocols to come". When will that happen? When will the streamer work just right (connectivity, reliability..)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back