Gustard Amplifiers and DACs
Aug 18, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #406 of 605

Hello,
are you using "foo_dsd_asio" as the output device? This becomes available when you install ASIOProxyInstall-0.x.x.exe

Yes, that output is available and was selected.

I think that something is wrong into the SACD menu. Please, look at the picture here: http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/Uomo_Avvisato/Videoproiettore/problema%20foobar%20DSD_zpsbboay2bk.png .

I see no "ASIO Driver Mode" in the menu while the other voices remain unactive...

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #407 of 605
  @Walderstorn: Kidult Online will have it and will ship it from the UK.
Sadly, the price and the release date is still unknown for this shop.

e/ By the way, thanks @GioF71 for the intel.

You're welcome!
dt880smile.png

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #408 of 605
  Try running that latency checker  sometime. It showed me some interesting differences between what I thought should be relatively equivalent computers.

I tried. The latency is consistently under 500nsec with DPC Latency Checker.
Also, I tried again the Sanskrit with my office PC. It has USB3 ports, and there is no USB2 port available.
The DAC does not work at all. It works (sort of) only with Wasapi PUSH, not event. Forget high res, nothing works in this case.
Also, my M2Tech Hiface 2 shows similar issues with this pc. I think it may be related to the USB3 ports, is it possible? I set buffers as high as possible in the device's own control panel. Nothing helped.

What really surprised me in the end is that on this pc, on the same usb3 port, the FiiO X5 (used as USB dac) works perfectly @ any sampling rate.
Maybe this can be due to the fact the FiiO works from battery and only uses usb power to charge its battery? Or its usb implementation is simply better?

Also, as I mentioned before, all this stuff works fine with my other work pc, which is a desktop with an old Core 2 Duo Q6600. No issues here on Debian Linux with the Sanskrit.
And, of course, the Sanskrit works at home on the Windows PC as well as with the linux dedicated music player.

Any further ideas to try?

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #409 of 605

Yes, that output is available and was selected.

I think that something is wrong into the SACD menu. Please, look at the picture here: http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/Uomo_Avvisato/Videoproiettore/problema%20foobar%20DSD_zpsbboay2bk.png .

I see no "ASIO Driver Mode" in the menu while the other voices remain unactive...

Please also check the asio proxy configuration.
Mine is like this:

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #416 of 605
@GioF71, thanks for suggesting but DSD over PCM doesn't work for me. The display always shows "Source USB PCM"...

Also, does anyone know how to connect X20U and PC via IIS ? Seems another issue pretty hard to address...

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #417 of 605
  @GioF71, thanks for suggesting but DSD over PCM doesn't work for me. The display always shows "Source USB PCM"...

Also, does anyone know how to connect X20U and PC via IIS ? Seems another issue pretty hard to address...

Hello, aside recommending the check if you have some DSPs active, as I unfortunately don't own a X20, I can't help you. Maybe stuartmc can :)

About the second question: you need a dedicated interface like the Gustard U12, which can give you multiple outputs (including I2S over HDMI).
The U12 connects to your computer via USB.

Hope this helps.

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #418 of 605

I've been looking for an IIS interface myself. Googling i2s and PCI-e you get http://www.pinkfaun.nl/portal/productaanbod/dac-streaming-audio/1440-i2s-bridge with limited information on pricing other than a NL shop. There's also a Taiwanese CMedia sound card http://www.cmedia.com.tw/ProductsDetail/C1Serno-1/C2Serno-7/PSerno-54.html which includes an I2S port. Unfortunately no indication of DSD support.

I would be interested in what other people find, ideally an externalised DisplayPort interface with i2s output - can a Raspberry be modified to support this option?

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #419 of 605
The Gustard U12 which has I2S on it which you can use to plug into the X20's I2S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back