Gustard A18
Jul 5, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 82
I got this, and only complain is its remote cannot turn unit on/off, it is only the switch in the back.
The remote is almost useless. in the other hand, its A22 has power switch on front panel, how much can it save
by eliminating the power switch and remove the on/off from the remote?
however, this A18 real sounds good.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 82
I got this, and only complain is its remote cannot turn unit on/off, it is only the switch in the back.
The remote is almost useless. in the other hand, its A22 has power switch on front panel, how much can it save
by eliminating the power switch and remove the on/off from the remote?
however, this A18 real sounds good.

Does it at least have a standby mode with signal shutoff? If not, that's a big no-no for a fullsize component, if you have to reach to the back of the unit to shut it off. I was debating between this and the SMSL M400, and ultimately went with the M400 due to MQA and better measurements. But I'm sure this sounds awesome too.

Jul 16, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 82
The A18 doesnt seem to be discussed all that much on head-fi or elsewhere for that matter, with all the bells and whistles it has at this price point that's a bit strange?

Im looking to get one unless other fellow head-fiers have any better alternatives at this price range of sub 500usd.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #9 of 82
I've been listening to the A18 for a couple weeks now (full review coming soon) and I must say I really like this DAC. But I just learned that there is now an updated version: I'll let the photo tell you what the differences are. :xf_wink:

阿里旺旺图片20200930000010.jpg

Oct 18, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #13 of 82
Here's my review of the A18 for those interested. It is definitely a solid choice, especially the updated version.

Gustard A18_8.jpg
Good review! I wish more people could get this DAC into their hands. It really deserves to be more widely known then it is. Especially since it's direct competition with the Topping d90.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #14 of 82
Good review! I wish more people could get this DAC into their hands. It really deserves to be more widely known then it is. Especially since it's direct competition with the Topping d90.
Thanks. I agree, it's a great DAC. I prefer the sound over the Topping DX7 Pro but I keep the Topping on my desktop for the headphone outs. The A18 is hooked up to my speakers and when I want to treat myself with headphones, the Feliks Audio Echo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back