Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy - Buckethead
Nov 11, 2008 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

mcmurray

100+ Head-Fier
The album drops on 23rd November 08. Anyone else looking foward to this one? I am, I've heard all the tracks now and some of them, especially the song "Sorry", are simply breathtaking.

Buckethead has lead guitar duties for most of the album, and rightly so.

The first review appeared today, courtesy of Rolling Stone magazine;

Chinese Democracy : Guns N' Roses : Review : Rolling Stone

Best Buy has exclusive sales rights in USA i.e.

http://www.bestbuy.com/chinesedemocracy

and the first single, the title track "Chinese Democracy" can be heard at;

www.gunsnroses.com

Less than 2 weeks to go now guys. Who here is buying it?

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 78
Ordered the vinyl from Best Buy 2 wks ago. Even if it sucks, its still an event. Glad to hear initial reviews are promising. Rolling Stone usually gets it right.

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #3 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered the vinyl from Best Buy 2 wks ago. Even if it sucks, its still an event. Glad to hear initial reviews are promising. Rolling Stone usually gets it right.

Rolling Stone usually gets it right????
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
That's news for me, cause they have some of the worst reviews I have ever seen. Just check out their LOLworthy review of St Anger:

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/...review/6212581

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 78
I have been reading the Mag for almost 20 years and its generally where the best of the Rock press end up. I don't generally agree with their choice of covers or politics but I stand by their reviews- its helped to build a pretty decent music collection. If its not for you their is always Spin, they seem to be the polar opposite. And again, its an opinion = review.

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #5 of 78
The fact that the review was written by David Fricke, who has been a rock journalist since 1977, makes it a fairly believable review for me.

BTW, has anyone here heard the leaked tracks? Or will this be completely new to you on first listen?

Nov 11, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #6 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buckethead has lead guitar duties for most of the album, and rightly so.

Woohooo!! I get to see Buckethead perform this Saturday!

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 78
Hmm, I'm not that thrilled by what I've heard so far, nevertheless it is a chance to dig out the old oversized T-Shirts and feel like a teenager again, so I might go for it.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 78
+1 for Buckethead guitar work

On a side note there are some recent rumors that Gibson is gonna make a signature model for Bucket. AKA the infamous white LP.

Anyways, I think it will be a decent album but I am not holding my breath. I will wait for the reviews.

PS. It is definitely not GnR (but that is a horse that is been beat to death).

Nov 20, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #14 of 78
nice ... checking out the myspace now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back