Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!)
Apr 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #16 of 381

Quote:
Hi,

Runners are the what the parts are molded on. Like a sheet of parts.

Gundam models aren't that expensive, well Perfect Grade models can be hundreds, but most of the time they are around $50 or lower. www.hobbywave.com and http://www.gundamplanet.com are good sites to get models from. I do most of my shopping from them. I would recommend getting a Gundam Lining Marker for detailing your model, as seen here. When detailed with this marker, your models will look a lot better.

MG's are nice because of how detailed they are and how much you can pose them, plus they don't need a lot of paint. I highly recommend the MG models over HG. Plus newer MG models are a lot more articulated and can be used with Bandai's Action Base, which is used for posing in the air. That is the stand you see in the picture of the Freedom Gundam.

MG's aren't hard at all. They just snap together without glue. They can take about 4-5 hours to build in one sitting though. MG's are a nice challenge and are about 7 inches tall once completed. 1/144  models are about 3-4" tall.

I own the 1/144 00 Raiser Gundam that you linked and it's a cool kit for sure. I picked it up today but have not finished it yet. Let me snap a picture of it for ya.

Quote:
Wow thanks!! What are ....runners? Would it be easy to build? Where can I buy these actually good high quality one's in America?

So CHEAP! I was expecting hundreds...I want one now!

I don't want to paint. Should I just get a MG grade? I can build most things. Would I be able to build it? 

Amazon looks good right?

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Freedom-Gundam-Real-Grade/dp/B005JABU82/ref=pd_sim_t_3

http://www.amazon.com/Gundam-00-Raiser-Sword-Scale/dp/B002NE792I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1335136607&sr=8-7

i don't get it? I see stands...so are they on stands or free standing? Or both?

Ever since my school days and my first foray into Gundam (interestingly Gundam Wing too) I've always been very interested in these. I finally bought one back in the day, and I always thought that HG is the more appropriate one for starters and amateurs, frankly based on price. Never thought of it this way.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #17 of 381

Quote:

Ever since my school days and my first foray into Gundam (interestingly Gundam Wing too) I've always been very interested in these. I finally bought one back in the day, and I always thought that HG is the more appropriate one for starters and amateurs, frankly based on price. Never thought of it this way

I just like the MG grade one's look better is really it, but I might get an 1/60 or 1/100 HG as a starter that looks good :)

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #18 of 381
I'm awaiting the day Syd Mead returns to this franchise; anyone else feeling the same (hah)?

Yoji Shinkawa would be another designer whose take on Gundam I would enjoy to see happen in the future.

May 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 381
Yo guys,

I finished the detailing and some painting n my 00 Raiser Gundam, check it out! I also touched up the RX-78-2 in the background!

BEFORE DETAILING:

AFTER DETAILING:

May 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #21 of 381
Yeah this is the Designers Color Version where in which the colors are a bit more faded and washed out. I think the washed out look is better than the normal one.

Anyways I have the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam and RX-78-2 Ver2.0 Gundam coming sometime..

May 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #22 of 381
Quote:
Yeah this is the Designers Color Version where in which the colors are a bit more faded and washed out. I think the washed out look is better than the normal one.

Anyways I have the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam and RX-78-2 Ver2.0 Gundam coming sometime..

I want :'( I'll go to Toys R'Us near me to check out if they still had some. I had my first one years ago back when Gundam Wing was big. I got mine at the local Toys R Us back then

May 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #23 of 381
Toys R' Us no longer caries Gundam models. I would suggest looking into local hobby stores. 

May 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #27 of 381
Quote:
Amazon should make sense, I think. For peace of mind. Me? I'm stuck with ebay unless if I got off my lazy ass and look for a hobby store here.

Both give me peace of mind as ebay gives you coverage with payments over paypal and...ebay and paypal both will side with the buyer(me) as opposed to seller and Amazon has Amazon backed and around the same thing.

May 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #28 of 381
If the order is fulfilled by Amazon they will cover anything that goes wrong with it. I've bought models from them and everything turned out fine. Plus you get the advantage of their Prime membership if it's available on that model. 2-Day shipping is free with Prime.

Quote:
Both give me peace of mind as ebay gives you coverage with payments over paypal and...ebay and paypal both will side with the buyer(me) as opposed to seller and Amazon has Amazon backed and around the same thing.

May 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #29 of 381
Quote:
If the order is fulfilled by Amazon they will cover anything that goes wrong with it. I've bought models from them and everything turned out fine. Plus you get the advantage of their Prime membership if it's available on that model. 2-Day shipping is free with Prime.

I don't do prime as I don't use Amazon that often. Anyway I have a google Payday soon :) So I'll see what goodies I can get. 

Ok I want a HG or MG. So all I need to buy is an HG or MG that says no paint is required(I hate to do that) and also gundam markers? Which colors? The whole pack or just black if it says no paint is required?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back