Gun-Fi
Sep 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #1,351 of 1,730

Quote:
Shucks, I'd rather not have to chance platform. An option would be to maintain a "for training" inventory. S&W and possibly HK are potential suitors, the former more than the latter, as I'd prefer a striker fire configuration. 

LEM only on HK for me. It's a one trigger pull gun that way,  with a 'long' initial take up, so it eliminates the burden of training for two trigger pulls.  The DA pull on their newer DA/SA guns is abominable, (HK45 and P30).  Way past the the common "it's a safety feature" mantra. It borders on ridiculous.

You also get second strike capability and the ability to ride the hammer while holstering --- if either is your thing.

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #1,352 of 1,730

Quote:

LEM only on HK for me. It's a one trigger pull gun that way,  with a 'long' initial take up, so it eliminates the burden of training for two trigger pulls.  The DA pull on their newer DA/SA guns is abominable, (HK45 and P30).  Way past the the common "it's a safety feature" mantra. It borders on ridiculous.

You also get second strike capability and the ability to ride the hammer while holstering --- if either is your thing.

Ahh, now I recall dry firing a DA/SA P30 in a local shop. I need to familiarize with the LEM for future reference.

I remember when my brother stocked up on a lifetime supply of 3 proof marked, made in W. Germany SIGs. Silly me for not going along. The funny part is we knew this was going to happen.

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #1,354 of 1,730
My first Rifle:

6222058884_9de852c0fa_b.jpg

Tried it out last week and it works very nicely.  Now I need to join a proper shooting range and dial in the sights.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #1,355 of 1,730
Anybody a SIG fan?  I was browsing in my LGS last week and stumbled across this:

A BNIB W. German Nickel 228.  Absolutely unfired sitting in a collector's safe since the early 90s.  It came home along with a 9mm Springfield 1911.  I think I might need to sell something to avoid buyer's remorse!

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #1,357 of 1,730

Quote:
Anybody a SIG fan?  I was browsing in my LGS last week and stumbled across this:

A BNIB W. German Nickel 228.  Absolutely unfired sitting in a collector's safe since the early 90s.  It came home along with a 9mm Springfield 1911.  I think I might need to sell something to avoid buyer's remorse!

Is that nickel plated with german proof makes, on bbl, frame, slide? The 228 is considered one if the best  and most reliable service pistols they're produced. O the other hand are those replacement grips?

Envy.

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #1,359 of 1,730

Quote:

Is that nickel plated with german proof makes, on bbl, frame, slide? The 228 is considered one if the best  and most reliable service pistols they're produced. O the other hand are those replacement grips?

Envy.

Yes, nickel plated, W. German roll marks, KB dated German proof marks.  Absolutely original and unfired.  This gun sat in a collector's safe for 20 years.  It is still sticky with cosmoline.

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #1,360 of 1,730
Been away from here for awhile, and haven't been doing much acquiring on account of being in graduate school, but I do have one new addition down here with me to share:

Kahr PM9. Cute little bugger. Kinda beats the everloving snot out of your hand though. Not really a daily shooter, but oh-so-nice to carry.

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #1,361 of 1,730
I had my PSS fitted with a turned bolt and an Arther Jewel trigger. The action was trued and it was then bedded into an AI stock. Shoots sub MOA all day I just love it. 

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,362 of 1,730
Nice.

I just picked up a little Sig P238.  Going to try it tomorrow.  Hope it performs well!

Oct 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #1,363 of 1,730

Quote:
Nice.

I just picked up a little Sig P238.  Going to try it tomorrow.  Hope it performs well!

Gah you person!  You beat me to it.  =(  It should do very well for ya.  To my knowledge the only thing maybe better in class is the Walther and that's at a slight weight and size penalty.

Which version did you grab and why?

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,364 of 1,730

Quote:
Gah you person!  You beat me to it.  =(  It should do very well for ya.  To my knowledge the only thing maybe better in class is the Walther and that's at a slight weight and size penalty.

Which version did you grab and why?

Yes, I have the walther PPK.  It's a little larger and heavier.   The p238 is pretty much the smallest gun I can buy in MA from a dealer. 

I got the black slide and rosewood grips.

The first P238's had some bugs, so I'm hoping they worked them out by now.  Going to try it tomorrow and see.  Fingers crossed.  Should be interested to see how it compares to firing the PPK.

6270909365_70e8df5579_z.jpg

Oct 22, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,365 of 1,730

Quote:

Very nice.  I believe the bugs have been worked out but definitely keep us posted.  A friend just got a 226 and when I tried it I had failure to feed on the fifth round.  I was kind of shocked having been used to old Sig quality.  The only pistol I have that fickle is the old Gen1 IMI DE .50 but you aren't really supposed to take that seriously though my friend can snipe with that thing.  Pretty amazing how accurate he is with it, more so than the 226 ironically. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back