Gun-Fi
Apr 12, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #871 of 1,730
I bought these two yesterday. The Kimber is just amazing!

229.gif

kimber-ct.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #873 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is entirely too much .45 peer pressure around here! Looks great^^

My latest:
Marlin 60 - just wanted a .22 plinker.

photo_60S-CF.jpg

Thanks! The Marlin looks fun!

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #874 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought these two yesterday. The Kimber is just amazing!

229.gif

kimber-ct.gif

Very nice. Is this what happens when you're on vacation?

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #875 of 1,730
Actually, only recently I have started to rebuild my collection. My father and I shared a nice collection, but our family home was burglurized some years ago and we lost most of our collection. I'm not a hunter, but I do enjoy target shooting and the technology of well deisinged firearms.

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #876 of 1,730
Nice pair, randerson!

The waiting period ended last week and I was able to pick up the Sig P6 this morning. I took it to the range and put 200 rounds through it. The P6 was like clockwork - no misfeeds and damn accurate. It took a couple of clips to get used to its feel, but after that, I was shooting tight patterns at 21'. It was surprisingly accurate at 50' out, as well. As some have complained, the trigger pull is heavy on the first round, but is just about right if it is cocked. I think I'll leave the trigger stock - these don't have a manual safety, so a heavy pull is probably a good thing.

I just field stripped and cleaned it. Takedown is easy (almost identical to a 92FS) and it's immaculate inside. It's stamped that it was made in May 1979, but it sure doesn't look it.

For $419, I don't think I could have done much better.

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #877 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pair, randerson!

The waiting period ended last week and I was able to pick up the Sig P6 this morning. I took it to the range and put 200 rounds through it. The P6 was like clockwork - no misfeeds and damn accurate. It took a couple of clips to get used to its feel, but after that, I was shooting tight patterns at 21'. It was surprisingly accurate at 50' out, as well. As some have complained, the trigger pull is heavy on the first round, but is just about right if it is cocked. I think I'll leave the trigger stock - these don't have a manual safety, so a heavy pull is probably a good thing.

I just field stripped and cleaned it. Takedown is easy (almost identical to a 92FS) and it's immaculate inside. It's stamped that it was made in May 1979, but it sure doesn't look it.

For $419, I don't think I could have done much better.

Cool, it sounds like you got a really great deal. This is my first Sig and I have wanted one for a long time. I got mine brand new for $520, the dealer got six of them at a huge discount. I hope to get out and shoot it in the next day or so. The Kimber is really sexy, I can't believe how well built it is and how good it looks. The picture does not do it real justice. It also has an internal laser with a hidden on off switch on the handle grip, and you simply apply a little pressure under the trigger gaurd to enable it. I bought a Ruger GP-100, a Glock .40, and an unfired nickel plated 6" Colt Python (which I think I will keep unfired) the last time home, so I should have a good time shooting all these. I only make it home every six months or so.

Apr 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #878 of 1,730
I didn't know there was a primer shortage?
does that mean the same for powder, brass and lead?

Apr 12, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #879 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know there was a primer shortage?
does that mean the same for powder, brass and lead?

Really, it depends on what you are looking for. From my observations, most things related to pistol are in short supply, especially brass and bullets for common calibers. Hodgdon Universal Clays is apparently out of stock pretty much everywhere but Alliant powders are in pretty good supply.

Apr 12, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #880 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, it depends on what you are looking for. From my observations, most things related to pistol are in short supply, especially brass and bullets for common calibers. Hodgdon Universal Clays is apparently out of stock pretty much everywhere but Alliant powders are in pretty good supply.

wow, it's the pistol Cals that's in short supply? wouldn't of thought of that.
I like Hodgdon universal clays in .45, nice powder puff. I just started trying
the alliant red dot stuff, usually buy Win 231 and IMR 700X because that's all
the local guy has. haven't done any reloading in a long long time still have a lot of supplies.
another one of those hobbies I spent a lot of money on, tried selling the stuff
but people really wanna take advantage of you. as long as I keep the stuff
in a cool dry place, the primers not in an airtight container, I'm OK so far
going on 8 years.

May 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #884 of 1,730
Loading 50 grain .223 BlitzKings into match turned Lake City .223Rem cases this evening after spending way too much time this afternoon carefully clearing the Dillon 550 from a case full powder spill, a stuck case and then resetting everything to spec. Pays to take the time and do it right. NoDak for big rodents in three days.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back