Gumstick Battery Charging
Mar 31, 2006 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
Do we treat these like lithium batteries or are they more like nicads where we have to drain them everytime before recharging.
What about AA Nimh batteries? are those charged the same way too

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 8
Most of the new gumsticks are NiMH. No memory effect.

I wouldn't bother worrying about proper discharging though, gumsticks are cheap to replace, and last long enough even with no regards to proper charging/discharging. You got a battery powered portable for a reason, just use it!

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 8
"Just Use It"...sounds good to me
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by davei
Most of the new gumsticks are NiMH. No memory effect.

I wouldn't bother worrying about proper discharging though, gumsticks are cheap to replace, and last long enough even with no regards to proper charging/discharging. You got a battery powered portable for a reason, just use it!

I completely agree!

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend
just be wary of cheap chargers - i snagged an obvious imitation SONY dual gumstick charger on ebay, in the hopes that for $5 chinese re-engineering could get it right. It didn't and popped a pair of batteries, at least i was home at the time.

Unfortunately, I don't think any major companies like Sony, Panasonic, etc that use gumstick batteries make stand-alone chargers for them. They require you to usethe device they came with. Decent chargers do exist, though. I just wonder why aren't they more abundant...

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

just be wary of cheap chargers - i snagged an obvious imitation SONY dual gumstick charger on ebay, in the hopes that for $5 chinese re-engineering could get it right. It didn't and popped a pair of batteries, at least i was home at the time.

Unfortunately, I don't think any major companies like Sony, Panasonic, etc that use gumstick batteries make stand-alone chargers for them. They require you to usethe device they came with. Decent chargers do exist, though. I just wonder why aren't they more abundant...

Mar 31, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back