Guitar Focused Rock//Fox2twenty's thread.
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Fox2twenty

Formerly known as iPhone IEM
I love guitars. Let's talk about the 70s 80s and 90s.

Some guitarists I like:
70s - Hendrix, Page
80s - Van Halen, Vai, Hemmet
90s - Tom Morello

Update:
I like guitars. Tell me what you think.

Rules - no gifs!! The Modmins are out too get me. Please don't post any gifs!

That's about it, I like all kinds of music, so share whatever you want. I can also talk religion and politics.

Some more of my favorite guitarists are -
Ronnie Earl
Joe Satriani
Andy Timmons
Phil Keaggy

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 24
I dunno. There are a lot of current bands that should be included, most especially Youngblood Supercult. This is a GREAT time to love guitar-oriented rock!

Sep 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 24
I dunno. There are a lot of current bands that should be included, most especially Youngblood Supercult. This is a GREAT time to love guitar-oriented rock!

So far it's okay.. Oh wait, here comes the bridge

Sep 11, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 24
When I think of classic rock guitar players from the 70's-90's Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Winter, Robin Trower and Ted Nugent come to mind. Hendrix being the only one I never got to see.

I saw Johnny WInter at Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis in '73 when he was doing his Still Alive And Well tour. Kiel is only a few blocks away from Highway #61 and when he did that song it brought the house down.

I saw Robin Trower play warm-up for Foghat when he was doing his For Earth Below tour. He blew Foghat away and everyone sat mystified in complete silence when he played.

I've seen Ted Nugent 3 times.and worked security at one of those concerts. The best was in the early/mid 70's in a little hall in that held a maximum of around 300 people that he used to play in before he made the big time. My seat was only about 15 feet from the stage.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 24
When I think of classic rock guitar players from the 70's-90's Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Winter, Robin Trower and Ted Nugent come to mind. Hendrix being the only one I never got to see.

I saw Johnny WInter at Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis in '73 when he was doing his Still Alive And Well tour. Kiel is only a few blocks away from Highway #61 and when he did that song it brought the house down.

I saw Robin Trower play warm-up for Foghat when he was doing his For Earth Below tour. He blew Foghat away and everyone sat mystified in complete silence when he played.

I've seen Ted Nugent 3 times.and worked security at one of those concerts. The best was in the early/mid 70's in a little hall in that held a maximum of around 300 people that he used to play in before he made the big time. My seat was only about 15 feet from the stage.

Ted Nugent almost made me deaf playing Hibernation, hahaha.

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 24
When I think of classic rock guitar players..

Amazing.. Ted Nugent and 300 friends, now that is cool. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 24
One of my favorite guitarist was Michael Schenker of UFO. Saw them a couple of times.
Very cool. I'm not sure I am very familiar, I'll have to check it out.

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #11 of 24
Amazing.. Ted Nugent and 300 friends, now that is cool. :call_me: :call_me:

Actually, anybody could get in. It was just a small hall he used to play in, first in/first seated and I got there early. I looked it up and it's listed as having been on May 11th, 1972.

Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes

Amboy Dukes Family Tree

Now I'm going to have to listen to Papa's Will. :)

Edit: He had played there before they made it big and the show was kind of a special deal as a return tribute.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 24
The ZS5 and ES3 are pretty great with guitars. Kz house sound is a little bit v shape.

However, the mids with guitar are still very good.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 24
Joe Bonamassa - if you haven't already gotten his greatest hits album - start with it.
Jonny Lang - early albums

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 24
Joe Bonamassa - if you haven't already gotten his greatest hits album - start with it.
Jonny Lang - early albums
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. :call_me:

Update: still looking for suggestions.
Update 2:still waiting

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back