Guitar-fi anyone?
Apr 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #226 of 832
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening now, this is some good stuff. Props!

thx dude. checked out your mp3's as well. i like "atmospheric doom" alot. that is a direction that can be explored further. do a 20 min version of that and you got a new fan.

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #227 of 832
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. The quality of most of the newer Gibson guitars disgusted me. The new 09 LP is an exceptionally bad one as it loses it's LP sound due to it being chambered.

chambered? Les is rolling over in his....oh he's still alive?....rolling over in his bed.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #228 of 832
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx dude. checked out your mp3's as well. i like "atmospheric doom" alot. that is a direction that can be explored further. do a 20 min version of that and you got a new fan.

Yeah that is something I had fun with. I recorded it one night - 2 tracks, both recorded with a 99 cent computer mic.
A friend of mine plays bass, and we've been collaborating on some stuff. Eventually we'll get some stuff online. :p

Apr 28, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #229 of 832
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
chambered? Les is rolling over in his....oh he's still alive?....rolling over in his bed.
ksc75smile.gif

Yeah. It's been chambered since 2008. LOL. Gibson is really going downhill now.

May 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #231 of 832
I want to get into playing guitar because most of my friends do. Can anybody reccomend a relatively cheap and good guitar? Also in BC ,Canada. I am not sure where to buy one other than Tom Lee and Long and Mcquade. Also can you provide a link to the electric guitar on the store's website. Preferably, I want to buy instore. Thanks for helping me with this request!

May 3, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #232 of 832
Bought a SG Gibson Special Faded 3...Just learning to play the guitar.

I haven't had much time to play it yet but I will have more time during the summer =)

It has a very simple look and killer sounds =)

SGF3WWCH1.jpg

May 3, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #234 of 832
Quote:

You just started and you bought a Gibson already. *facepalm*

Well, why not? I prefer to go for it now than to go through the steps of buying several cheaper guitars which would lead to me owning a Gibson and some cheaper guitars/guitar (that would end up lying around).
atsmile.gif

May 4, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #239 of 832
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, why not? I prefer to go for it now than to go through the steps of buying several cheaper guitars which would lead to me owning a Gibson and some cheaper guitars/guitar (that would end up lying around).
atsmile.gif

The thing is when you just started playing guitar, you just don't know what'll suit you just yet. This is why people go through a few guitars before settling on the ones they use mainly. Owning a "Gibson" means nothing unless you get some vintage ones since all the newer ones are practically overpriced rubbish to begin with. This is why I actually enjoyed elbuzzard's Gibsons since all but one were old enough to even consider the price tag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Martin speaks a true word.

So long as you know you will keep it up, and can afford to go right to the top first off, why not? Even if you give up, it'll hold it's value better than a cheap china guitar would, yeah?

Indeed I agree with your first sentence but the thing is, Gibson SG SPECIAL is not at the top at all. It's the low end of Gibson, where you're basically just paying for the name based on my experience. Again, the newer Gibsons are all rubbish compared to the older ones. And your second sentence? No. A SPECIAL does not hold its value better compared to a cheap China guitar.

May 4, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #240 of 832
Quote:

The thing is when you just started playing guitar, you just don't know what'll suit you just yet. This is why people go through a few guitars before settling on the ones they use mainly. Owning a "Gibson" means nothing unless you get some vintage ones since all the newer ones are practically overpriced rubbish to begin with. This is why I actually enjoyed elbuzzard's Gibsons since all but one were old enough to even consider the price tag.

Indeed I agree with your first sentence but the thing is, Gibson SG SPECIAL is not at the top at all. It's the low end of Gibson, where you're basically just paying for the name based on my experience. Again, the newer Gibsons are all rubbish compared to the older ones. And your second sentence? No. A SPECIAL does not hold its value better compared to a cheap China guitar.

Yep, that is true, it is the lower level Gibson but I love it and love the sound =). I tried several guitars in the shop and I liked this one the best in my price range.

I don't see why a starter can not start with a Gibson Faded. After all, it is my money that I am using and I am not buying this as an investment but as an instrument for my personal enjoyment.

For me there is no need to maximize my investment in guitars as to have the best quality per dollar.

This is my journey of enjoying playing a guitar. I fail to see why people have to bash once choices if it makes that person happy?

In addition, I don't think it is a bad thing even if I grow out of this guitar and buy another guitar as I buy something that pleases me and something I find worth my money.

Sure, you maybe think another guitar is of better value, or another guitar is a better starter guitar. That is fair enough, but why the need to bash someone's journey that they personally find enjoyable and suitable for themselves?

I know that if I would buy a very cheap guitar that I would find myself buying a new guitar much quicker than if I bought this Gibsdon Faded guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back