[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Aug 17, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,816 of 1,845
I'm so impatient, I just bought the gray 600 Ohm Premiums. $163 is a good price and with my soundcard on its way I don't want to wait for the black ones to restock. They'll probably be $219 too so I saw a good unboxing video on the grays and they still look good.
Sometime I just get impatience as you :) . I bought my all black dt880 600 from drop for 170$. Drop may have the dt990 600 all black for the same price. But I have been watching for a month or more and they haven’t show up yet.

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,818 of 1,845
Have anyone tried the Tygr 300r from beyerdynamic? the one that comes with tho fox microphone. Its supposedly to be for gaming. I ask beyerdynamic and the told me it was a dt990 32ohm but it really intrigues me. I really like how it looks.

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #1,819 of 1,845
^What exactly do you mean "beyerdynamic told me it was a dt990 32ohm"??? I mean I hardly doubt they said those exact words because they are asking $329 for the Tygr combo, and if they just told you it was a DT990 they are basically saying that they are charging $180 for the Fox Mic....

So who exactly told you this? I don't mean to call bull but it sounds like bull even though I don't doubt it as the headset looks like a re-skinned DT990 of some sorts. The DT990 has been widely touted as an excellent gaming headset, perhaps knowing this they've done this TYGR combo specifically to attract gamer's, but if they told you it was a DT990 rebranded they've just ruined the chance of this combo's success. I have a separate condenser microphone that I use anyway, and you can buy a DT990 and an excellent condenser mic for less then this combo and have a great set up without spending $329+ tax.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,820 of 1,845
^What exactly do you mean "beyerdynamic told me it was a dt990 32ohm"??? I mean I hardly doubt they said those exact words because they are asking $329 for the Tygr combo, and if they just told you it was a DT990 they are basically saying that they are charging $180 for the Fox Mic....

So who exactly told you this? I don't mean to call bull**** but it sounds like bull**** even though I don't doubt it as the headset looks like a re-skinned DT990 of some sorts. The DT990 has been widely touted as an excellent gaming headset, perhaps knowing this they've done this TYGR combo specifically to attract gamer's, but if they told you it was a DT990 rebranded they've just ruined the chance of this combo's success. I have a separate condenser microphone that I use anyway, and you can buy a DT990 and an excellent condenser mic for less then this combo and have a great set up without spending $329+ tax.
I have a message from beyerdynamic seller on eBay. And yes there are some reviews online where they said a dt990 with a mic it’s better than the combo...

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,824 of 1,845
I just bought another older style chassis DT770 80 ohm and it sounds just like my original I reviewed a few years ago. Thanks for writing up the original guide almost 10 years ago now zombie. This is what turned me onto the 80 ohm version of those cans originally

Sweet! Can you share pics of this gem? A couple of years ago I remember watching your review of those but ending up with a pair that were too treble-emphasized for my tastes, which I later traded.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #1,825 of 1,845
I just bought another older style chassis DT770 80 ohm and it sounds just like my original I reviewed a few years ago. Thanks for writing up the original guide almost 10 years ago now zombie. This is what turned me onto the 80 ohm version of those cans originally

In the market for a pair, what is the best way to identify before purchase? Or is this something we'd just have to known from asking the seller when it was purchased. From what I've read online, anything pre 2016 should be good. Great videos btw.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #1,826 of 1,845
In the market for a pair, what is the best way to identify before purchase? Or is this something we'd just have to known from asking the seller when it was purchased. From what I've read online, anything pre 2016 should be good. Great videos btw.
My hint was the older chassis on this one. They are definitely NOT a warm headphone, right on the cusp of being too bright, but nowhere near as painful as the 250 ohm version that I've owned before. I cleaned these up a bit after buying it used and immediately ordered new EDT770Vs. Good as new. This one is about 10 years old, so 2009ish according to the original owner, for reference.

IMG_20191024_215734.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #1,828 of 1,845
Have anyone tried the Tygr 300r from beyerdynamic? the one that comes with tho fox microphone. Its supposedly to be for gaming. I ask beyerdynamic and the told me it was a dt990 32ohm but it really intrigues me. I really like how it looks.
It's pretty good. I use it for gaming an monitoring purposes. It's a 990 32Ohm, but with some slight modifications (padding/dampening) to reduce the treble peak. They're the perfect gaming headphones for me, because their positional imaging is superb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back