GS Audio Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #886 of 1,414
I've tried puncturing 2 small holes in the inner stem of the Final E using sewing needles but it didn't work. Then I changed ear tips to JVC spiral dots++ - seemingly no more flex. That said, I prefer the warmer sound that the Final E gave..
Unfortunately most users are reporting driver flex as a gs-audio standard! Keep fingers crossed the driver they are working on for the GD3C won't exhibit any driver flex?

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #889 of 1,414

GD5 arrived and it sounds great!
WOW! Other than the peaks around 12-15khz t
Thanks for the insight. I'll check those as well and with for further impressions of the ST4. Not sure if anyone has the SE8 or ST10.

hey are VERY alike! Do you own both? If so how do they sound? Its so interesting them having such different driver specs but very similar FR!
Thanks for the insight. I'll check those as well and with for further impressions of the ST4. Not sure if anyone has the SE8 or ST10.
'American-spirit' has the ST10 and has done lots & lots of Tip rolling, Cable rolling, he's also done a lot of graphing ect.. You should see him on this thread around page 10?

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #890 of 1,414
Have'nt experienced any with my SD9... or with any IEM (from my short list of owned models).
Interesting, i think it must be coming down to the shape of peoples ears because GS put the vent in a different place than other developers? I'm not sure exactly where it is i have not purchased my first set yet and cannot remember exactly where GS said they put the vent so someone else will have to chime in?

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #891 of 1,414
Interesting, i think it must be coming down to the shape of peoples ears because GS put the vent in a different place than other developers? I'm not sure exactly where it is i have not purchased my first set yet and cannot remember exactly where GS said they put the vent so someone else will have to chime in?
I believe I saw a picture on their Facebook - it shows that they have "holes" at 4 corners of the 2-pin sockets for each ear unit.

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #892 of 1,414
Has anyone tried the GD3A with a MUCH better cable and Is there a noticeable upgrade in audio?

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #893 of 1,414
WOW! Other than the peaks around 12-15khz t

hey are VERY alike! Do you own both? If so how do they sound? Its so interesting them having such different driver specs but very similar FR!

'American-spirit' has the ST10 and has done lots & lots of Tip rolling, Cable rolling, he's also done a lot of graphing ect.. You should see him on this thread around page 10?
That is SE11 not the GD5

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #894 of 1,414
I believe I saw a picture on their Facebook - it shows that they have "holes" at 4 corners of the 2-pin sockets for each ear unit.
Your correct i remember now! Maybe this odd positioning is why some people are and some not experiencing driver flex?

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #897 of 1,414
Have'nt experienced any with my SD9... or with any IEM (from my short list of owned models).
Do you find the SD9 bassy? When i first reached out to GS before this thread was even alive they recommend the SD9/ST10 & SE12 as the Basshead's in the line-up! AmericanSpirit said the ST10 bordered on basshead and i was curious if the SD9 were also?

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #898 of 1,414
Do you find the SD9 bassy? When i first reached out to GS before this thread was even alive they recommend the SD9/ST10 & SE12 as the Basshead's in the line-up! AmericanSpirit said the ST10 bordered on basshead and i was curious if the SD9 were also?
Not, it is not bassy or even warm. It is probably tuned close to GD5 and SE11. I'd say mid centric with energetic, sometimes peaky treble, with great extension.... It is neutral.
The bass is strong when it is supposed to be, when it's there, it's there, a bit like neutral planars can be (like my Sundara). It is handled by a DD driver AND 2 BA drivers.
The ST10 does not have the gain region past 2k that the SD9 has (and most neutral models).

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #899 of 1,414
Unfortunately most users are reporting driver flex as a gs-audio standard! Keep fingers crossed the driver they are working on for the GD3C won't exhibit any driver flex?
I've had zero issues of driver flex on any of my GS Audio sets, even when I used extremely tight fitting connectors. I have experienced driver flex on sets from other manufacturers, though, so I am aware of what to expect. My best recommendation is to try going down a size in eartips for the affected ear, tip roll to something softer that allows air to bypass the dome during insertion, or if neither of those are a viable option for you, to change your insertion technique.

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #900 of 1,414
Some news:

GT12X: new drivers and better tuning. (this is coming out before the GD3C.)

GD3C: They are working on "vents & structure optimization" and confirmed to be following my target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back