GS Audio Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #856 of 1,414
Which tips bring the best out of the GD3A? Just received mine today :D
TL;DR: KBEar red foams > Spinfit CP145 > Spinfit CP360=stock=Symbio Hybrid>Sony Triple Comfort>Sony Hybrid

I just did some tip rolling and it seems that the GD3A, for whatever reason, aren't as drastically impacted by tip rolling as their other GS Audio brethren. Spinfit CP360 sound pretty much identical to the stock eartips; CP145 have a bit more bass impact, but the high remain fairly twinkly still; the CP500, if you can get them to stay on, have the clearest treble response and slightly more air compared to stock, bass is minimally impacted and mids are brought ever so slightly forward. I tried them with the Symbio foam hybrids and found almost no change over stock. Sony Triple Comforts increased bass warmth and brought the mids forward, but at the cost of treble gain and extension, thus also impacting staging. I also tested with the DioFit Multi-flanged and Standard Leakage eartips and found they did not offer this set as much benefit as they do for the GD5 and GD7B, they also don't stay on the nozzle well unless you modify the resin nozzle or ordered your set with the metal nozzle. I think the most noticeable improvement came from the Monster Supertip Gels that I tried on them, because it seemed to improve separation and staging slightly, but I wouldn't recommend them as they can be difficult to form a seal with and they slide off the resin nozzle very easily as well. The KBEar red foams are a surprisingly good fit. They seem to improve spatiality instead of making the sound feel closed in like foams usually do. The only thing I can tell is particularly different over stock eartips with the KBEar red foams is the staging and stage size seem slightly larger, for some reason.

Eartips with short stems do NOT like to stay on the resin nozzle. This can be improved by using a knife edge file or triangular file to undercut the small ridged flange on the nozzle. If you ordered with the metal nozzle, congrats, tip rolling is loads easier for you.

Oct 18, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #857 of 1,414
Y5
TL;DR: KBEar red foams > Spinfit CP145 > Spinfit CP360=stock=Symbio Hybrid>Sony Triple Comfort>Sony Hybrid

I just did some tip rolling and it seems that the GD3A, for whatever reason, aren't as drastically impacted by tip rolling as their other GS Audio brethren. Spinfit CP360 sound pretty much identical to the stock eartips; CP145 have a bit more bass impact, but the high remain fairly twinkly still; the CP500, if you can get them to stay on, have the clearest treble response and slightly more air compared to stock, bass is minimally impacted and mids are brought ever so slightly forward. I tried them with the Symbio foam hybrids and found almost no change over stock. Sony Triple Comforts increased bass warmth and brought the mids forward, but at the cost of treble gain and extension, thus also impacting staging. I also tested with the DioFit Multi-flanged and Standard Leakage eartips and found they did not offer this set as much benefit as they do for the GD5 and GD7B, they also don't stay on the nozzle well unless you modify the resin nozzle or ordered your set with the metal nozzle. I think the most noticeable improvement came from the Monster Supertip Gels that I tried on them, because it seemed to improve separation and staging slightly, but I wouldn't recommend them as they can be difficult to form a seal with and they slide off the resin nozzle very easily as well. The KBEar red foams are a surprisingly good fit. They seem to improve spatiality instead of making the sound feel closed in like foams usually do. The only thing I can tell is particularly different over stock eartips with the KBEar red foams is the staging and stage size seem slightly larger, for some reason.

Eartips with short stems do NOT like to stay on the resin nozzle. This can be improved by using a knife edge file or triangular file to undercut the small ridged flange on the nozzle. If you ordered with the metal nozzle, congrats, tip rolling is loads easier for you.
There you go fantastic explanation👍

Oct 18, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #858 of 1,414
Sometimes you just want to be a bass and mids person, so you throw on the GD7B, sit back with some music and go "This is the good stuff".
IMG_20211018_213920.jpg

My GD7B are especially beautiful because I got them made to look like the SD3.

Edit: These things can get crazy loud on pretty minimal power. Even the Fiio LC-BT2 can pretty easily push them way past the point of comfort. But because of how the treble is handled, you can push them way louder than you ordinarily might with other sets, which is both a good and bad thing.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #859 of 1,414
Hi.
Can i use balanced cable on my GD3A?
How do you call these pings? I know the usual qdc, but these are other. The upper one is gd3a's

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_095906.jpg
    IMG_20211019_095906.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_095940.jpg
    IMG_20211019_095940.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211019_100116.jpg
    IMG_20211019_100116.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 19, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #860 of 1,414
Yes you can use a b
Hi.
How do you call these pings? I know the usual qdc, but these are other. The upper one is gd3a's
Yes you can use a balanced cable with the GD3A but I'm not sure about the cable! I have not purchased my first GS Audio Monitor's yet still waiting for some specific feedback but, i was under the impression they were just your garden variety QDC? But looking at your photo's I'm not quite sure!! Don't worry though someone in the thread will point you in the wright direction

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #861 of 1,414
Hi.
Yes, you can use balanced cables with them.
The connector it uses is a 0.78 2 pin which has been recessed into the body. The only thing you've got to look for is that the connector isn't flush but has a little block on it which works in a similar way to QDC. If you use a flush connector it might not have a strong connection and in the worst cases bend the pins as a part of them will be exposed. This is a very common connector so finding cables for it shouldn't be a problem, just look at the connector in the pictures before buying it to see if it has that block on it and you should be fine. I know that both KBEAR and OpenHeart have this on their 2 pin options and they make good quality cables for a normal price.

Oh and that bottom one you're showing isn't a QDC but a TFZ connector. QDC is oval with a longer sleeve while TFZ is rectangular.

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #862 of 1,414
Hi.
Those are recessed .78mm 2-pin. Yes, you can use a balanced cable with them.

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #863 of 1,414
Which tips bring the best out of the GD3A? Just received mine today :D
Depending how much you love the sound with stock tips, I had a bit of harshness in the highs, CP145 were the best for me until I found some old noname bi-flange tips in my tips box, a bit less comfortable, but the harshness is reduced without changing much of the sound signature. If you prefer foam tips, between Comply, Symbio W and INAIRS, the latter are the best.

Oct 19, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #864 of 1,414
Thanks guys for the tips recs. I've neen trying it with Final E tips, the sound is very impressive.

However, there seems to be a bit of driver flex going on, specifically on my right unit. It happens whenever I adjust the unit or insert/remove it.

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #865 of 1,414
Thanks guys for the tips recs. I've neen trying it with Final E tips, the sound is very impressive.

However, there seems to be a bit of driver flex going on, specifically on my right unit. It happens whenever I adjust the unit or insert/remove it.
I'd check and see if you can get away with a smaller size on that ear. I've found in my case that the GS Audio sets end up putting the eartips shockingly far into my ear canal without being uncomfortable, but using too large of eartips can cause serious suction issues when removing. Somehow I've never experienced driver flex on my GS Audio sets, but it can definitely be annoying when it happens. The Final E tips are also a little bit stiffer than the ones I usually run with, so it can cause problems during insertion because they don't deform to allow air to bypass their dome quite as easily as the super pliable DioFit tips I use. I love those things, but they really, really don't like staying on the resin nozzles without modification.

IMG_20211019_162846.jpg

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #866 of 1,414
I've tried puncturing 2 small holes in the inner stem of the Final E using sewing needles but it didn't work. Then I changed ear tips to JVC spiral dots++ - seemingly no more flex. That said, I prefer the warmer sound that the Final E gave..

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #867 of 1,414
Regarding tips, so far, the best match for my ears and SD9 are the Audiosense S400 tips size large. They made me stop tip rolling the SD9 because of comfort and ease of insertion. This is very personal of course.

By the way, I'm surprised the SD9 isn't more popular. Of course, the affordable big hitters will be more popular, but still...

Oct 19, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #868 of 1,414
Regarding tips, so far, the best match for my ears and SD9 are the Audiosense S400 tips size large. They made me stop tip rolling the SD9 because of comfort and ease of insertion. This is very personal of course.

By the way, I'm surprised the SD9 isn't more popular. Of course, the affordable big hitters will be more popular, but still...
I suspect it's a combination of price and the brand still being relatively unknown. Also probably related to the faceplate and shell color, since not everybody likes chrome and purple as an aesthetic. It's also not that common for companies to offer shell design customization, so they probably think that's the only color option available. I mean, that's what put me off of ordering the GD7 until I reached out to them about changing the shell for the SD3 shell. No regrets about that choice at all. The wood is beautiful.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #870 of 1,414

Users who are viewing this thread

Back