GS Audio Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #721 of 1,414
I do find it puzzling that they use the same DD for all of their IEM range. I guess that they have found one that does what they want. They must know very well how it reacts to crossovers and sound tubes. The DD driver likely isn't a high cost item anyway.

I like fast textured bass so I'm happy with that. Plus, it pairs well with BA woofers.
Yeah, I was just listening through a portion of ENV's discography, which is Dubstep/EDM kind of bass-heavy stuff, and even with a graph like this:
230617923_132134815775285_912295011539419788_n.jpg

it doesn't sound too bad. It's still going to be a bit weird compared to more bass-heavy sets with a standard V-shaped tuning, since the mids are much more forward and the bass isn't so intense, but it's got enough grunt and oomph behind the bass for it to still be enjoyable to listen to. It's honestly a bit shocking to me that they manage to cope acceptably with a genre that they're so obviously not tuned for. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how the GD5 performs with higher bass and treble gain. I just hope that the mids still maintain their comfortable warmth when I go to listen to youtube vids.

Sep 23, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #722 of 1,414
Yeah, I was just listening through a portion of ENV's discography, which is Dubstep/EDM kind of bass-heavy stuff, and even with a graph like this:
230617923_132134815775285_912295011539419788_n.jpg

it doesn't sound too bad. It's still going to be a bit weird compared to more bass-heavy sets with a standard V-shaped tuning, since the mids are much more forward and the bass isn't so intense, but it's got enough grunt and oomph behind the bass for it to still be enjoyable to listen to. It's honestly a bit shocking to me that they manage to cope acceptably with a genre that they're so obviously not tuned for. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how the GD5 performs with higher bass and treble gain. I just hope that the mids still maintain their comfortable warmth when I go to listen to youtube vids.
That is a sweet sweet graph for metal songs,
do you listen to metal?

recessed upper mid is great for it,

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #723 of 1,414
That is a sweet sweet graph for metal songs,
do you listen to metal?

recessed upper mid is great for it,
Unfortunately, I've never been a particular fan of metal, though I won't write off the entire genre. I'm sure there are songs out there that I would like. Feel free to recommend me something and I'll give it a listen.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #724 of 1,414
With their dd, even if the bass graphs like my target. I am not sure if it will really be a basshead iem, due to how BA-like it is.
It seems that Akros has been chatting with their reps and he heard that they're working on a new DD. Hopefully it'll have a bit greater excursion so it'll slam a bit harder. I'm really looking forward to when they launch the GD3C to see if it features that new driver. I'd really love to see them try their hand at a beryllium foil driver, but that would probably impact the price pretty severely compared to their standard driver. Only time will tell what direction they're going to take, but it should be pretty exciting!

Sep 26, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #725 of 1,414
That would be fantastic thank you👍 I'm positive I'm gonna get either the GD3A/C, GD5 or ST4 so your first impression and photos will be a great hekp. They Australian guy on YouTube says the GD5 are a grown up GD3A! He goes on to say they are just 2-3 steps up in every aspect with the same sound Sig but a touch warmer. Actually no he said the GD3A could be a touch colder in the midrange compared to the GD5! But as good as this is its only one review and i would be much happier getting some more impressions before i pull the trigger on a certain model only to learn a week later another model is better and also cheaper! Again the guy on YouTube has the SD5,GD7B,SD3 and he says the GD3A is the best and its the cheapest of the bunch!
Really looking forward to you impressions & photos? Take it ez dude chat soon🎵
I think Akros has mentioned in some comments that he's got a set of ST4 that he's working on a review on, so check out his youtube channel in about a week to see what he has to say regarding them. I anticipate a comparison with the 80ohm adjusted Audiosense DT600 set.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #727 of 1,414
Bought the GD5.. my fifth GS Audio.
I'm excited and it's only my second. Still waiting for my country's disappointing mail system to actually get it to me, though. It'll be nice to have other people that have the same set to confirm impressions with.

Sep 27, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #729 of 1,414
Wondering who has a ST10 and a way to graph it.
Official graph shows so much energy in the 3k to 7k I fear it might be too bright/ shouty
Hey, AmericanSpirit has the ST10 and has done some fantastic reviews & graphs on this thread. If you go to roughly page 10-15 from then on he has done lots of Tip rolling,Cable rolling and should really be able to help you. Actually everyone on the this thread is super friendly and extremely helpful and I'm positive you will find all the help you need.

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #730 of 1,414
I think Akros has mentioned in some comments that he's got a set of ST4 that he's working on a review on, so check out his youtube channel in about a week to see what he has to say regarding them. I anticipate a comparison with the 80ohm adjusted Audiosense DT600 set.
Nice one thank you👍 do you know if there is anyway of linking up with Akros? Is he active on here or any other forum?
How are yours coming along have you recieved them yet?

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #732 of 1,414
Nice one thank you👍 do you know if there is anyway of linking up with Akros? Is he active on here or any other forum?
How are yours coming along have you recieved them yet?
I don't think he's active here, but he has a youtube channel here:

Figured I would insert his vid about the GD5 vs. the GD3A, since both have a decent amount of hype.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #734 of 1,414
Hi guys. I'm not too active here but trying to change that.
My name here is TonyTex
Hi Tony. Ace Bee here. Fear not, I don't sting. Are you planning to get a GS Audio iem?

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #735 of 1,414
Hi Tony. Ace Bee here. Fear not, I don't sting. Are you planning to get a GS Audio iem?
(he is Akros if you didnt know, he is probably the guy with the most GS Audio stuff lol.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back