GS Audio Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #391 of 1,414
Also SD7 that is cheaper…
True, but the graph doesn't look quite as nice as the SD9.

SD7
1628377577435.png

SD9
1628377558504.png

The SD7 looks more intense in the high-mids / lower treble region. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a bit fatiguing.
Treble extension looks much better on the SD9.

These are only graphs... but they are all we have at the moment!

And yeah, maybe GD3A is worth try!

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #392 of 1,414
True, but the graph doesn't look quite as nice as the SD9.

SD7
1628377577435.png

SD9
1628377558504.png

The SD7 looks more intense in the high-mids / lower treble region. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a bit fatiguing.
Treble extension looks much better on the SD9.

These are only graphs... but they are all we have at the moment!

And yeah, maybe GD3A is worth try!
If you're willing to get on a chat with their rep, you can ask for them to send you graphs with actual value axis labels. If you do pull the trigger, don't forget that you can request alternate shell colors and faceplate designs, a metal nozzle instead of the resin one, and an mmcx connector over the 2-pin. It's a good idea to place the order with those requests in the "note to the seller" section and also let the rep pull up your order in chat to confirm that they understand your request.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #393 of 1,414
If you're willing to get on a chat with their rep, you can ask for them to send you graphs with actual value axis labels. If you do pull the trigger, don't forget that you can request alternate shell colors and faceplate designs, a metal nozzle instead of the resin one, and an mmcx connector over the 2-pin. It's a good idea to place the order with those requests in the "note to the seller" section and also let the rep pull up your order in chat to confirm that they understand your request.
Alternative shell colors is something I wished more companies would offer. (gotta love fully transparent shell with multi BA iems.)

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #394 of 1,414
Alternative shell colors is something I wished more companies would offer. (gotta love fully transparent shell with multi BA iems.)
I really like their light gray fully transparent shells. Less likely to discolor over time compared to the standard clear and it gives it a bit more sophistication, in my opinion. Just personal preference, though. Fully clear also looks amazing and their darker translucent colors are also incredible. I just wouldn't go for solid on anything with more than three drivers because I feel that it would be a shame not to see and appreciate all the work they put into arranging and piping those drivers.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #395 of 1,414
I really like their light gray fully transparent shells. Less likely to discolor over time compared to the standard clear and it gives it a bit more sophistication, in my opinion. Just personal preference, though. Fully clear also looks amazing and their darker translucent colors are also incredible. I just wouldn't go for solid on anything with more than three drivers because I feel that it would be a shame not to see and appreciate all the work they put into arranging and piping those drivers.
Exactly, being able to see into the internals is very pleasing to me.

20210201_173106.jpg

20210201_173207.jpg

(Tansio Mirai TSMR 4 Pro, very overpriced but sure looks good.)

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #397 of 1,414

I asked them for a few graphs (SD7, SD9, SD11 and ST6A). I'll post them here.
For sure I'll customize a SD9 if I decide to pull the trigger. It looks pretty ugly in it's stock appearance IMO.
I'd probably ask for an SD9 in a SD7 clothes.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #398 of 1,414

yep! I can stare at those innards anytime.
The faceplate on those looks even better than in the pictures, which is a real feat.

And I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but how they've managed to cram all those drivers in there is nothing short of a work of art.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #399 of 1,414
That DD speed/tightness very much reminds me of a BA driver rather than DD, but with DD texture/air. :thumbsup:
Yes I wouldn’t be surprised. SE11 DD has a similar visual appearance. Obviously crossover network is different so amplitude differs.
That description sounds like LCP diaphragm used for Aria / Variations

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #401 of 1,414
It looks to me like the SD11 has a fairly weird tuning as well, somewhat similar to the GD7B, but with a hint of pinna gain.

SD11
1628376489275.png

GD7B
1628376515894.png

SD9 looks much nicer IMO (and is less expensive), IE, like a normal IEM with pinna gain. It has fairly flat bass though.
1628376591460.png

SD11 has been my main iem when listening for a long period of time.. GS Audio knew exactly what they were doing with this iem.

I'm sure it will get a lot of attention if one of the famous reviewers but their hands on it.

Aug 8, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #402 of 1,414
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #404 of 1,414
Aug 8, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #405 of 1,414
I am considering reordering a GD3A somewhere in the future. I first need the dispute and refund for the lost one to be settled but with the extra cost i probably won’t change the appearance anymore.
why is everyone dissing the looks on the GD3A? :joy:

I think it looks great. The only change I might request for it is a clear/transparent shell instead of it being blue/transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back