GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #271 of 1,414
It took 13 days for my current package to get cleared from customs after arriving in NL. (still haven't left NL though)
My GS Audio order is stuck in a sorting centre in China for 5 days now. Normally it clears the first sorting center within 2 days (and proceeds to the airline).

Some people say the tracking is unreliable but for packages to NL my experience is that it is highly reliable. I've made tons of orders using Aliexpress standard shipping to NL and it was almost always on point.

That is why i am kind of worried that it is lost. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of a dispute cause i am quite certain they want me to wait for like 90 days before i can claim my money back.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #272 of 1,414
My GS Audio order is stuck in a sorting centre in China for 5 days now. Normally it clears the first sorting center within 2 days (and proceeds to the airline).

Some people say the tracking is unreliable but for packages to NL my experience is that it is highly reliable. I've made tons of orders using Aliexpress standard shipping to NL and it was almost always on point.

That is why i am kind of worried that it is lost. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of a dispute cause i am quite certain they want me to wait for like 90 days before i can claim my money back.
Yes, normally they get cleared in a few days for me as well. But I am certain that the delays is caused by the new rules forcing all the countries in the EU to change their import rules which means a massive delay because they have to get used to the new way.

Jul 25, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #273 of 1,414
0FCE73FA-D756-4A96-8661-12DECAF2D469.jpeg

02B5F454-8535-4786-BBAB-C5166F591087.jpeg

My GS Audios are stuck somewhere. Stupid Canadian customs..

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #274 of 1,414
Unfortunately, I have not tried either the EST50 or the Excalibur. One thing I can be sure is that Variations most likely will have better technicalities over Excalibur, as I've owned both the Monarch/Clairvoyance (older twins of Excalibur). If you listen more to a specific set of instruments (drums/bass) rather than music as a whole, it's hard to recommend the Variations as it's geared more toward musical pleasure through clarity and cleanliness that has a noticeable dip in the mid bass. Subbass is plenty however. I feel that the Xenns Up is perfect for what you're looking for, as the bass is overpowering and very potent. It is quite expensive unfortunately.

Fiio FD5 also have very good bass, which you can try purchasing and return them through Amazon if you don't like it.

If you're solely set on your shortlist, then maybe the EST50 might do. Wish you the best of luck :)
This really gives me something to think about? If only the Xnnes up was a tad less expensive i would for sure go with it! Also, i don't think i explained myself properly!
I do want them to listen to music, what i meant was i listen to Drum & Bass the music genre. I also listen to a large variety of music including artists like The Cure, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, The Carpenters, Kate Bush, Post Malone and lots of other great artists. This is why I'm looking for a Tribrid so that when i listen to anything other than DnB, EDM ect..I can EQ the 30-60hz & a slight reduction in the 90-120hz so the Kick Drum doesn't overpower the the whole midrange! But when I'm listening to DnB, Dubstep, House ect.. i can just let the low-end rip.
Now i have hopefully explained myself better what would you recommend? In regards to the Variations how big are the shells? I have medium to small ears which becomes a nightmare when buying multi-driver hybrid"s!
The other thing which concerns me is all the reviews iv read points out the cable is very poor! Is this true? Sorry to go on but, do you or anyone else have any experience with the Rose QT-9 MK2? Every review i read praises this IEM to the sky saying it is probably if not the best in class for both technicalities & musically fun. They also say the bass is extremely potent with a sub-woofer presentation? Once again, thanx to everyone for your help it very much appreciate and is helping me enormously👍🎵

Jul 25, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #275 of 1,414
This really gives me something to think about? If only the Xnnes up was a tad less expensive i would for sure go with it! Also, i don't think i explained myself properly!
I do want them to listen to music, what i meant was i listen to Drum & Bass the music genre. I also listen to a large variety of music including artists like The Cure, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, The Carpenters, Kate Bush, Post Malone and lots of other great artists. This is why I'm looking for a Tribrid so that when i listen to anything other than DnB, EDM ect..I can EQ the 30-60hz & a slight reduction in the 90-120hz so the Kick Drum doesn't overpower the the whole midrange! But when I'm listening to DnB, Dubstep, House ect.. i can just let the low-end rip.
Now i have hopefully explained myself better what would you recommend? In regards to the Variations how big are the shells? I have medium to small ears which becomes a nightmare when buying multi-driver hybrid"s!
The other thing which concerns me is all the reviews iv read points out the cable is very poor! Is this true? Sorry to go on but, do you or anyone else have any experience with the Rose QT-9 MK2? Every review i read praises this IEM to the sky saying it is probably if not the best in class for both technicalities & musically fun. They also say the bass is extremely potent with a sub-woofer presentation? Once again, thanx to everyone for your help it very much appreciate and is helping me enormously👍🎵

I'd recommend looking into other discussion threads as well, as this thread is more specific to GS Audio.

With that being said, given the music genre you've revealed about yourself, I'd say the Variations will work very well especially for EDM, house, and dubstep. I'd recommend you looking into it as it is a great value for performance. As for the stock cable, it is certainly not bad at all, but simply a mediocre looking cable. It definitely won't hinder your musical enjoyment unless you're sensitive when it comes to cable quality.

I haven't heard the iem you've mentioned, but the Variations easily competes with iem sub $1000. One thing I have to note is to not get caught up in monthly hypes of certain iems, but rather try to take a wholistic approach in assessing which iem might be the right one for you. Look into different threads and read into as many reviews as you can. Demoing cheaper iems will also help you tremendously in understanding what you're looking for.

My music library primarily consists of Edm and pop, which is why I feel safe recommending the Variations.

If however, you feel uncertain due to the aforementioned "leanness" as I've previously stated, you must understand whether it's because you've previously had experience with similar tuning signature and didn't like it, or because you're afraid that it may not suit your taste. If it's the latter, you can always take advantage of the return policy offered by retailers, as experience is key to understanding and expanding your knowledge and preference.

Jul 26, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #276 of 1,414
I'd recommend looking into other discussion threads as well, as this thread is more specific to GS Audio.

With that being said, given the music genre you've revealed about yourself, I'd say the Variations will work very well especially for EDM, house, and dubstep. I'd recommend you looking into it as it is a great value for performance. As for the stock cable, it is certainly not bad at all, but simply a mediocre looking cable. It definitely won't hinder your musical enjoyment unless you're sensitive when it comes to cable quality.

I haven't heard the iem you've mentioned, but the Variations easily competes with iem sub $1000. One thing I have to note is to not get caught up in monthly hypes of certain iems, but rather try to take a wholistic approach in assessing which iem might be the right one for you. Look into different threads and read into as many reviews as you can. Demoing cheaper iems will also help you tremendously in understanding what you're looking for.

My music library primarily consists of Edm and pop, which is why I feel safe recommending the Variations.

If however, you feel uncertain due to the aforementioned "leanness" as I've previously stated, you must understand whether it's because you've previously had experience with similar tuning signature and didn't like it, or because you're afraid that it may not suit your taste. If it's the latter, you can always take advantage of the return policy offered by retailers, as experience is key to understanding and expanding your knowledge and preference.
Fantastic👍 some really great advice not just for myself but to anyone in my position. After a long and hard think im not going to go with the GS SE5! if there was just 1 or 2 positive reviews i would probably bite the bullet but seeing as not one person has any experience with it its too much of a gamble! So iv decided to dip into my savings and purchase both the Moondrop Variations & ISN EST50 and keep the one i enjoy the most and return the other one and put the money back to my savings once i get the refund. Which seller would you recommend that has a no questions asked refund policy?
Iv purchased a few times from Penon but mainly buy from Aliecpress but I'm not sure i feel comfortable dropping nearly a grand with Aliecpress and keeping my fingers crossed i won't have problems returning them for a refund? Does Penon have a good return policy? Once again thanx for all your help i probably wouldn't be at the place I'm at now without it, So thank you👍🎶🎵

Jul 26, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #277 of 1,414
Fantastic👍 some really great advice not just for myself but to anyone in my position. After a long and hard think im not going to go with the GS SE5! if there was just 1 or 2 positive reviews i would probably bite the bullet but seeing as not one person has any experience with it its too much of a gamble! So iv decided to dip into my savings and purchase both the Moondrop Variations & ISN EST50 and keep the one i enjoy the most and return the other one and put the money back to my savings once i get the refund. Which seller would you recommend that has a no questions asked refund policy?
Iv purchased a few times from Penon but mainly buy from Aliecpress but I'm not sure i feel comfortable dropping nearly a grand with Aliecpress and keeping my fingers crossed i won't have problems returning them for a refund? Does Penon have a good return policy? Once again thanx for all your help i probably wouldn't be at the place I'm at now without it, So thank you👍🎶🎵
Amazon

Jul 26, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #278 of 1,414

For the Variations, I recommend beachhifi, headphones.com or apos audio. Return is easy as they are retailers located in America.

Shenzhenaudio is good too but you'd have to send it back to China, which costs money. I also recommend looking into ear tips!
They do make a difference and I'd say it's a worth while investment.
Dacs also do make a large difference, in case you haven't purchased any as of yet.
Enjoy iem hunting :)

Jul 26, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #279 of 1,414
For the Variations, I recommend beachhifi, headphones.com or apos audio. Return is easy as they are retailers located in America.

Shenzhenaudio is good too but you'd have to send it back to China, which costs money. I also recommend looking into ear tips!
They do make a difference and I'd say it's a worth while investment.
Dacs also do make a large difference, in case you haven't purchased any as of yet.
Enjoy iem hunting :)
Once again thank you. I'm actually based in London UK so buying from the U.S will also cost quite a bit! Other than Amazon(which i do use regular but not for iem's,but ill take a look) do you have any U.K based seller's? In regards to Tip's & Dac's? I do have a fair amount of tips but once i have made a choice of EST50 or Variations I'm gonna pick up a set each of AZLA,Symbio W & Final-E's(iv been using my LEAR Kalideo Custom's exclusively for a few month's so Tips havnt been top of the to buy list but will now once i get my Tribrid!)
As far as Dac's go I'm still using my FiiO E07k! I no its pretty old but i love the sound of it and the hardware EQ is a big plus for me!
I'm gonna stop hijacking the thread now but once i get the EST50 & Variations and made my decision i will pop back and let you know which one i picked?
So for the last time, thank you & everyone else who have helped me over the last few days it been a MASSIVE help and i will you all the best👍🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵

Jul 26, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #280 of 1,414
Once again thank you. I'm actually based in London UK so buying from the U.S will also cost quite a bit! Other than Amazon(which i do use regular but not for iem's,but ill take a look) do you have any U.K based seller's? In regards to Tip's & Dac's? I do have a fair amount of tips but once i have made a choice of EST50 or Variations I'm gonna pick up a set each of AZLA,Symbio W & Final-E's(iv been using my LEAR Kalideo Custom's exclusively for a few month's so Tips havnt been top of the to buy list but will now once i get my Tribrid!)
As far as Dac's go I'm still using my FiiO E07k! I no its pretty old but i love the sound of it and the hardware EQ is a big plus for me!
I'm gonna stop hijacking the thread now but once i get the EST50 & Variations and made my decision i will pop back and let you know which one i picked?
So for the last time, thank you & everyone else who have helped me over the last few days it been a MASSIVE help and i will you all the best👍🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵

That is quite surprising you haven't thought about upgrading your dac, as they are using a decade old cirrus logic wm8716 chip. Technology has improved tremendously since then especially in the "budget-friendly" category. I would highly recommend purchasing either the luxury precision w1 or w2 as they are using the same cirrus logic Cs43198 chip (flagship-grade) seen in higher-end daps, such as the ibasso dx300.

Dacs and iems go hand-in-hand together, and I'd say it would be a much wiser investment than purchasing different set of tips, as the stock tips are quite good itself. Having owned previous fiio products before (btr5, q5s type-c), I can assure you the difference is significant. If eq is important to you, i recommend downloading UAPP (usb audio player pro), as this app has become one of the more standards for Android user.

Jul 29, 2021 at 1:27 AM Post #281 of 1,414
Looks like there's a new IEM from GS Audio: the SD9. Graph looks pretty good.
unknown.jpeg

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #283 of 1,414
Looks like there's a new IEM from GS Audio: the SD9. Graph looks pretty good.
unknown.jpeg
Definitely a more generally appealing graph, though I would personally have preferred some more bass gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back