GS Audio Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #196 of 1,414
Here comes a madlad.

Since GS audio only takes Aliexpress standard shipping (and it will take like 1-2month), and offers no other options, I placed the order for ST10. (430+10shipping+US sales taxšŸ˜­, totaled $470).
NOTE:
-A custom built ones are not returnable, so if something happens, itā€™s a risk.
-AE standard shipping (kinda worried to ship expensive IEM over this shipping channelā€¦)

We will seeā€¦
That's quite a gamble! (not AE standard shipping, but buying this fairly expensive unknown IEM)
I'm looking forward for you impressions and I'd really like a short comparison with your SA6! :)

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #197 of 1,414
Just got update, GS Audio said they usually ships the customer requested built within 7 biz days. My ST10 with stabilized wood faceplate and clear shell should be shipped next week then. Hopefully I can review it sometime in August, if not early September if shipping takes longer.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #198 of 1,414
That's quite a gamble! (not AE standard shipping, but buying this fairly expensive unknown IEM)
I'm looking forward for you impressions and I'd really like a short comparison with your SA6! :)
Haha, SA6 is hard to beat masterpiece, but yes maybe? Itā€™s tuning afterall if they all use high-end Knowles/Sonion BAs.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #199 of 1,414
Just got update, GS Audio said they usually ships the customer requested built within 7 biz days. My ST10 with stabilized wood faceplate and clear shell should be shipped next week then. Hopefully I can review it sometime in August, if not early September if shipping takes longer.
St10 will be a good only BA alternative if that satisfy you who has anole VX, RSV and SA6. But I am curious that you are still interested in all BA option as you have the king of such IEMs!
I am also thinking of buying all BA IEMs and been considering anole VX, moondrop S8 and campfire andromeda (OG not 2020). Not I am so curious how you would like ST10. Thanks for pioneering that path šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #200 of 1,414
St10 will be a good only BA alternative if that satisfy you who has anole VX, RSV and SA6. But I am curious that you are still interested in all BA option as you have the king of such IEMs!
I am also thinking of buying all BA IEMs and been considering anole VX, moondrop S8 and campfire andromeda (OG not 2020). Not I am so curious how you would like ST10. Thanks for pioneering that path šŸ˜„šŸ˜„
I was seeking something interesting, fuller and energetic full-BA.

As Moondrop Variations basically satisfied my endgame for ā€œclear mid, non-harsh but smooth treble/air, and tacticle/nimble/yet full on impactful bassā€ with only weakpoints on a bit too L-shape sub-bass focus, and OK in layering, 8+ drivers full-BA is my last niche.

S8 is still in my head too, but I think Iā€™m driving into RS10, Crinacle mentioned ā€œsomewhat refined S8ā€, in near future. Also I noticed S8 and Mangird Tea is almost same composition (2BA for treble, 4BA for mid, S8(2BA bass) vs Tea(DD bass) ), so itā€™s a bit of redundancy.

EST models are more of gamble, itā€™s hard to implementšŸ˜Ø And BA treble does impress me more than EST treble in some occasions; Full-BA VX handles non-analog notes better than pinnacle quadbrid MEST MKII.

my full-BA profile:

VX: fragile / faint/ euphoric tuning with extreme resolution
SA6: same path with VX, but the Sonion AcuPass vented bass is something that is outstanding
RSV: totally different approach compared to other IEM, itā€™s BA sounded like DD, a natural sound reproduction studio monitor, if gain spots coincide it will be one and the only ā€œreality simulatorā€

ST10: still not sure about exact driver composition, so itā€™s a gamblešŸ˜‚ Iā€™m feeling lucky.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #201 of 1,414
I have ordered GD3A 6 days ago and today i asked them what the status was. The seller replied to me that they will ship it tomorrow. Luckily Aliexpress standard shipping mostly takes 2 weeks to The Netherlands so no long wait for me. If i am lucky they will arrive even faster. The fastest record for receiving stuff is 6 days after shipping.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #202 of 1,414
I have ordered GD3A 6 days ago and today i asked them what the status was. The seller replied to me that they will ship it tomorrow. Luckily Aliexpress standard shipping mostly takes 2 weeks to The Netherlands so no long wait for me. If i am lucky they will arrive even faster. The fastest record for receiving stuff is 6 days after shipping.
Looking forward for GD3A impressions! It does look like a great IEM to compete with 2BA+1DD hybrid like TRI Starsea, See Audio YumešŸ‘

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #203 of 1,414

As Moondrop Variations basically satisfied my endgame for ā€œclear mid, non-harsh but smooth treble/air, and tacticle/nimble/yet full on impactful bassā€ with only weakpoints on a bit too L-shape sub-bass focus, and OK in layering, 8+ drivers full-BA is my last niche.

S8 is still in my head too, but I think Iā€™m driving into RS10, Crinacle mentioned ā€œsomewhat refined S8ā€, in near future. Also I noticed S8 and Mangird Tea is almost same composition (2BA for treble, 4BA for mid, S8(2BA bass) vs Tea(DD bass) ), so itā€™s a bit of redundancy.

EST models are more of gamble, itā€™s hard to implementšŸ˜Ø And BA treble does impress me more than EST treble in some occasions; Full-BA VX handles non-analog notes better than pinnacle quadbrid MEST MKII.

my full-BA profile:

SA6: same path with VX, but the Sonion AcuPass vented bass is something that is outstanding
RSV: totally different approach compared to other IEM, itā€™s BA sounded like DD, a natural sound reproduction studio monitor, if gain spots coincide it will be one and the only ā€œreality simulatorā€

ST10: still not sure about exact driver composition, so itā€™s a gamblešŸ˜‚ Iā€™m feeling lucky.
haha I just want to give 100 likes. Thanks for your comment
Actually I ve been searching for crystal clear, somewhat cold sounding IEM thus I've been eyeing on all BA or BA+EST option.
Monarch provides safe tuning while MEST provides very fun and extraordinary sound signature (in a good way for me), and I want to add something very transparent and clarity-rich IEM.
I know that VX would be the one but I am not sure if I have to pay that much for this sound signature or if there's a more budget-friendly option for the same purpose.
Not sure the performance gap between VX and andromeda/S8... propably VX would be one or two classes ahead.

ST10 would be definitely a fascinating option as it seems... with premium BAs and seemingly nice treble boost and past 10k preservation, coming with very reasonable price as well. I hope this could be an another market disrupter, as XINHS did for IEM cables. lol. I am willing to pay for SE12 if it competes with known EST endgames.
Fingers crossed!

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #204 of 1,414
haha I just want to give 100 likes. Thanks for your comment
Actually I ve been searching for crystal clear, somewhat cold sounding IEM thus I've been eyeing on all BA or BA+EST option.
Monarch provides safe tuning while MEST provides very fun and extraordinary sound signature (in a good way for me), and I want to add something very transparent and clarity-rich IEM.
I know that VX would be the one but I am not sure if I have to pay that much for this sound signature or if there's a more budget-friendly option for the same purpose.
Not sure the performance gap between VX and andromeda/S8... propably VX would be one or two classes ahead.

ST10 would be definitely a fascinating option as it seems... with premium BAs and seemingly nice treble boost and past 10k preservation, coming with very reasonable price as well. I hope this could be an another market disrupter, as XINHS did for IEM cables. lol. I am willing to pay for SE12 if it competes with known EST endgames.
Fingers crossed!
Clear and cold is how I describe my JVC HA-FDX1, but I haven't heard that many IEMs. I know, its "left field" when we are talking about multi BA IEMs.

Jul 19, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #205 of 1,414
A quick update on my GT2 and GT12 after about 10+ hours on each. I don't have that much free time atm so they are far from burned in as I don't have a rig for it.

GT12 Adeline
This thing rocks! 4 Sonion + 8 Knowles BA's with that tuning is something to behold. It has a nice and well balanced sound signature. Every note has good weight, the treble is nice and not overdone, bass is well textured and very DD like in a good way without compromising in what makes BA bass good. Everything sounds coherent and this has the most details I've ever heard on a IEM. The sound stage is fairly wide and imaging is exceptional but this is also somewhat expected with 12 drivers per side. In the beginning it had a overtone in the lower mid range but this has since gone away. The shell are on the larger side and as always my weird right ear takes issue with this. Although I can still easily wear them for a couple of hours at a time.

Is it my new favorite IEM?... No, the Starfield is at the top as I just can't get enough of it's treble and the BA10 still sounds ever so slightly better in some aspects but as the GT12 is not fully burned in yet so this might change in the future. Either way it definitely is one of the best IEM's I own and worth to have in any collection.

GT2 Sunshine
If you told me that this was a 1+1 hybrid I would believe it. This things bass is on point. Only in a select few songs does it show that it's a BA that you're listening to. On music like orchestral scores for movies/games it just kills it. The sound signature is warmer than it's graph would suggest. It's comfort is also slightly better than the GT12 despite being the same size as the metal nozzle happens to be a little shorter. Sound stage is wider than the GT12, but the imaging is worse but still pretty impressive.

But that's where the good stuff ends. It has a overtone in the lower mid range like the GT12 but worse and so far this hasn't gone away yet. I'm hoping it does because what lies beyond it sounds great. It can be a little shouty at times but it is dependent on the source and files used. Sometimes it sounded a little hollow on small parts of a select few songs.
It doesn't play well with rock and metal, like not at all. So if you like that kind of music (like I do) you might want to stay away from it.
If you like 70's, 80's, pop, epic, movie/game score and country (which I also do -pop) this will be one to look for if the overtones go away.

I'm probably going to do some tip rolling as I've yet to really do that on either as I wanted to experience them as is.
I'll report back on that as well as the overtones in the GT2, but in the mean time enjoy this little glimpse in what these two have on offer.

Jul 19, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #207 of 1,414
Eyeing ST6B - I like high impendance :) Is ST6B considered Harman neutral?
Nope. It's got a more upper-treble energetic tuning compared to Harman reference 2019
1_Harman-curve-target-response.png

Vs.
20210719_213918.jpg

So you'd need to know if you like that spike at what appears to be 6.5-7kHz. not exactly my preference, but I'm certain there's a marker for it.
I think the ST6A tuning is a slightly better fit to the curve, but it's still not a perfect match:
20210702_091054.jpg

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #208 of 1,414

my full-BA profile:

How is the bass, separation, imaging, and stage of RSV compared to SA6?

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #209 of 1,414
How is the bass, separation, imaging, and stage of RSV compared to SA6?
Both have very dynamic bass, separation RSV is slightly better, imaging SA6, positioning RSV, staging they are on par. I like SA6ā€™s bass tuning.

RSV is for studio monitoring and on-stage professional use, itā€™s fully sealed. SA6 is more of studio use, clean and neutral with bass boost tuning, asjusttable bass boost with the EQ switch, one flip while IEMs remained in-ear.
You can see details of both here
176507AC-297B-4AE7-B527-7AF617125B86.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #210 of 1,414
Both have very dynamic bass, separation RSV is slightly better, imaging SA6, positioning RSV, staging they are on par. I like SA6ā€™s bass tuning.

RSV is for studio monitoring and on-stage professional use, itā€™s fully sealed. SA6 is more of studio use, clean and neutral with bass boost tuning, asjusttable bass boost with the EQ switch, one flip while IEMs remained in-ear.
You can see details of both here
176507AC-297B-4AE7-B527-7AF617125B86.png
Very similar, marginal differences...is the price gap justified? Feels like no. Also, bass seems slightly more on SA6 compared to RSV. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back