Grrrr....Two toys that piss me off
Jun 30, 2002 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, my RIO800 has always been a pain. Very unreliable. Charge it overnight, next day the battery is dead at the gym.
Does this alot.
If the memory pack were not a present, it would be gone on ebay.

Now tonight my Nomad Jukebox 6gb played some games tonight when I tried to add just one album. So I used it's disk cleanup function. Yeah, it cleaned up all right. Over 4gb disappeared from my 6gb machine! WAS I MAD. I am still made. But being distrustful of anything computer like, I do have some backups, so its a matter of loading most data, not ripping, encoding, and loading, so I should finish in a day or two.

Thank goodness for good old reliable and faithful minidisc.

Jun 30, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Go vinyl!
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 5
fredpb
HI: Sorry about the problem with your stuff. I have looked at all the portable devices for portable use out there and have found that the mini disc is the best thing for me. I record with a optical cable from my cd player and get great sound. I must admite that the mini disc the sony mdr-700 is under power with only 5 m/w and I must use a portable amp with it. I use the total airhead but I think that any portable amp would do just fine. I use the koss ksc-35 ear phones with all my portable stuff and with the amp they sound great with my mini disc or my portable radio. In JAPAN mini disc are a big thing but here in usa they push inferror stuff at us. I am glad that you have a mini disc for it whont let you down.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by jopi
Go vinyl!
tongue.gif

Did that about a year and a half ago. Now I have a thousand or two records all in my living room area.

I just put an old rotel receiver in my bedroom. It has a good phono stage, and I just happen to have another turntable........
but need room.

Jul 1, 2002 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey LTUCCI1924. I do love MD. I have a pair of JVC players that the sound, is well, just 5mw, but it sound AUDIOPHILE. I don't know how JVC did it, but the sound of these two units is just superb. With Total Airhead it is awesome.

But the MP3 jukeboxes are nice. You can stick hundreds of albums in the palm of your hand! My Treo 10 is awesome. Very cheap ($250) and small, and sounds pretty good. Simple software too.

I was very miffed at my Nomad Jukebox (6gb, the first one) when it self destructed. Did not die, just "lost 4 out of 6gb of music! WAS I MAD! But I had most of it backed up. I figured out that the older firmware was better than the new crud, so installed that and reformatted my disk. Reloaded most of my stuff from backup (some of the backup folders were not usable, for some reason...Creative software problem). had to rerip some. Left out some I never listened too. Now I have a clean machine, lotsa music, and lotsa extra space for new cd's. So it was annoying, but recoverable, so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back