Group buy Xin right angle connector?
Jun 16, 2004 at 9:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
$19.95 is a bit too high for me, although I want one of these to use with the SD (which is burning in as we speak) and Sik Din. I am thinking if we get enough orders, he may come down on the price.

4233whiteminitominis.jpg

It's just a thought. If anyone would go in, please reply to this thread.

Thanks,
etys rule

Jun 16, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 22
I'm in, too.

Jun 18, 2004 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 22
Here's the latest:

Xin writes back:

Hi Gary,
I make the adapter by hand and it is very time consuming. Therefore the lowest I can go is $15.
Thank you,
Xin

Hi Xin,

There are about 15 guys over at Head-fi who have either purchased or are going to purchase your latest creation. We are wondering if you would consider offering us a discount for say, 10 or 15 right angled mini adapters to use with the Sik Din.

Well, $15 it is. When you consider he charges $5 shipping for one, this isn't that bad of a deal.

I am going to order one for myself.

Anyone else at this price?

Please respond again if interested at this price. I figure I'll ship them out on my own.

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #7 of 22
Ehhrmm. Please forgive the stupid Question, but what is the purpose of such a connector? TIA

Jun 18, 2004 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 22
Yeah, I'm in for $15.

Jun 18, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 22
I have one of these already with a Sik Imp, Supermicro and iPod. Think carefully how this will fit into your rig as the 90 degree right angle caused by the connector can be a little ungainly with the Imp socket at one end and the amp on the other. As a result, I have the amp velcroed to the extreme left hand side of the rear of the iPod and it just works okay . With the the SuperDual, it may actually be less elegant or practical than an interconnect

Jun 18, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 22
joni, thanks for the input, but i am keeping the SD in my front pants pocket of my suit. for this application it is perfect. the sik din is just the right length. i use a vaja case on my belt. and my trusty etys.

anyone else want in? i would like to put the order in today, but i don't think that's gonna happen.

Jun 18, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 22
OK. Xin's got 20 in stock. I've got firm orders for 3, including mine. 2 have to get back to me.

I think I'll just buy 10 and if anyone wants 'em they can let me know.

Jun 19, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 22
Is this connector used in place of an IC? In other words you are plugging your imp into the xin connector and then the xin connector into the amp? I am currently carrying my go-vibe in front pocket using a headsave mini > mini to my imp. My ipod is on my hip in a case. It sounds like this may work for me as well. Gary if you have an extra that is not spoken for let me know.

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #14 of 22
Hmmm. Isn't the mini to mini cable male at both ends? (so it could plug into the player on one end and the amp on the other) The photo above shows two male ends. Radio Shack has a right angle (female/male) mini connector for $3.99. I may be missing something...if so, please explain.

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #15 of 22
OH, it's for Sik Din. Never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back