Group buy Xin right angle connector?
Jun 19, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #16 of 22
maybe is an stupid suggestion but why not removing the female connector from the original cable and replace if for a right angled mini, and period, it will be cheaper and less stuff in the signal.....just my two cents

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:28 PM Post #17 of 22
I have been told by a few DIY'ers that the Sik wires are quite thin and difficult to work with.

If anyone dares a mod using higher quality cable, let us know. But I am thinking, for now, this is as good as it's going to get.

Xin himself suggested this over the male mini conversion. And he has already done one or two himself.

Jun 19, 2004 at 5:55 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Xin himself suggested this over the male mini conversion. And he has already done one or two himself.

Yes of course, he is selling them, and not cheap at all BTW...

Jun 19, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #19 of 22
No they aren't cheap. I agree. That's why I asked him to come down on price, and he did. Unfortunately, there are really no aftermarket products for the iPod when it comes to lineout signal. So, we have to make do with Sik, and a handful of other DIY creations, until someone improves upon the Sik design (it is rather flimsy itself), or Apple concedes and incorporates a true lineout on the new model. (which I doubt)

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Hell, for this price I am keeping two. (I am clumsy and break my toys)

LOL I'm considering buying a second one now......
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back